DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - JULY

Dolfan in NYC

"We're all brothers and sisters 

All lives matter to the brave (or great?)"

Instead of

"With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free"

What an asshole. They shouldn't let him back into the country.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I guess congrats to that dude. He became the story of the all-star game.

Also became arguably the most hated man at the moment in his home country, and seemingly got fired too, but whatevs. Way to make yourself famous. Infamy is a shade of fame, right?

Didn't really for much for Jose Feliciano...

21 hours ago, Tabe said:

Didn't really for much for Jose Feliciano...

Jose didn't change the lyrics, just "personalized" the music behind them. You can argue that's a good or a bad thing to do to a national anthem, but it's not the same thing as replacing lyrics with a controversial political statement.

Lest I remind us. To be fair they could have just been booing how shitty he sang it too.

"...and the home of the Indianapolis 500!" - Steven Tyler
"Booooooooooo~" - Murika

Brewers to trade Ryan Braun to the Lancaster Barnstormers for the entire team after they get the owner messed up and have him sign a deal agreeing to take on his whole contract.

It will be interesting to see who the Phillies trade.  There are a few top prospects that appear ready after slow starts.

Nick Williams may need to wait until September but JC Crawford and Andrew Knapp are rising.

Jake Thompson appears ready to enter the rotation.

The guys in AA are doing something special.  The Reading Phillies have a .703 winning percentage through 91 games so far this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Ive been to a Barnstormers match. That would be cool.

My favorite Atlantic League team. Caught a shirt at a game there the day after a Bears Calder Cup game. Nice stadium.

Given that others in the organization knew about his hacking, what should be the team's punishment?  I think it has to be nuclear - seven-digit fine, loss of trading and signing privileges, you name it.  The Patriots lost some cash and draft picks for their issues and what the Cardinals did is waaaaaaaaay worse.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Given that others in the organization knew about his hacking, what should be the team's punishment?  I think it has to be nuclear - seven-digit fine, loss of trading and signing privileges, you name it.  The Patriots lost some cash and draft picks for their issues and what the Cardinals did is waaaaaaaaay worse.

“We don’t have all of the facts in the St. Louis-Houston situation. To date, there has been no implication that this was an organizational problem but there has been an indication that it was one employee [who] did something inappropriate, the organization found out about it, and fired the employee.”

Sounds like your classic one-bad-apple-scenario to me!

hqdefasdgdsagult.jpg

Let's all just move along....HOW TBOUT THTA MELANIA!!!!!

• Like 2

The Giants signed Kyle Drabek which is whatever.

It wasn't till I read the story a 2nd time before I realized that they were planning on converting him to an infielder

Is he one of those really athletic pitchers that would work with? There's a couple around the league like that. Usually converted TO pitchers.