DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - JULY

Dolfan in NYC

Boy, all that pitching talent that NYM has seems to be right on the brink of completely breaking down, huh? Harvey possibly with thoracic outlet syndrome, Syndergaard and Matz dealing with bone spurs in their elbows. Granted, Syndergaard's doesn't appear to be too terribly serious, but the fact that it's there could spell future trouble.

Hopefully, everything gets stabilized and all these guys stay relatively healthy, I was pretty stoked at the idea of watching those three plus deGrom staying together for the next few years.

Yasmani Grandal had a DAY today, 5-5, 3 HR, 6 RBI. To my great delight, after going deep in his first two ABs, the 3rd hit was a bunt single to beat the shift. The 3 jacks and the single in the 8th were all balls that he fucking stung. Nice to see a guy that started the day down around .185 start to maybe get himself turned around. 

Sometimes that's all a slumping guy needs. I see the Brewers beat Piranesi, so haw-haw. If they end up below .500 with us at the end of the year I will cackle.

Does shipping your closer out for 2 A level prospects before the deadline qualify as being "sellers"? Sure fucking seems like it. Granted, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended back in AZ after the season. 

Who's next to go in AZ? Castillo? Try to get a good return on Jean Segura while he's on his way to a career year? I could see them dealing Clippard, Collmenter, Robbie Ray maybe, probably not Nick Ahmed or Archie Bradley.

18 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sometimes that's all a slumping guy needs. I see the Brewers beat Piranesi, so haw-haw. If they end up below .500 with us at the end of the year I will cackle.

aaaaw.  That was cute.  How was tonight though? 

ONLY 7 GAMES BACK BABY!!!  YOU KNWO WHAT"S INEVITABLE?? THE CARDINALS HTAAS WHAYT!!

Within 5 years where he will immediately suffer a season ending injury while simultaneously failing 3 drug different drug tests.

• Like 1

Jose Fernandez has said he will groove pitches to David Ortiz so he can hit a HR tonight

Good thing this game doesn't count for anything

Oh...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Jose Fernandez has said he will groove pitches to David Ortiz so he can hit a HR tonight

Good thing this game doesn't count for anything

Oh...

Confirmed.  Cubs lose World Series to Yankees in Game 7 in the Bronx.