DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - JULY

Dolfan in NYC

It's the month of the craziest trades and the meaningless exhibition game which allows a team that won 85 games to host Game 7 of the World Series!

The Marlins are also .5 games out of the final Wild Card slot. WHOO!

The Cubs bullpen is hot fucking garbage. A month ago I would laugh at the idea of trading Schwarber, Eloy, Happ, or other prospects for Miller and/or Chapman.

But now? I'm not thinking it's as ridiculous of an idea.

MLB ethered the Red Sox for screwing around with international signings last summer - five of the kids they signed were declared free agents, and the Red Sox can't sign *any* international amateurs this year. This is massive - the international system is completely fucked up, but the Red Sox went around the very loose rules in a very blatant way.

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Position player pitching in Toronto as 18th inning starts.

#bonuscantos

Hey...the scheduled 7:00 game is blacked out for me so I don't get to see this..fuckers.

Nevermind.  They moved it to the alt. channel...sweet, sweet lovemakers!

The announcer just made the following observation:

"Each team tonight has scored in only one inning."

note: The score is 1-1.

Double note: They just stopped showing the game right in the inning when someone scores...fuckers...but the MLB anchor going over some highlights just name-checked Carlito and said his catch-phrase as if that was common knowledge.

21 hours ago, Joe Lucia said:

MLB ethered the Red Sox for screwing around with international signings last summer - five of the kids they signed were declared free agents, and the Red Sox can't sign *any* international amateurs this year. This is massive - the international system is completely fucked up, but the Red Sox went around the very loose rules in a very blatant way.

Get ready for an international draft in the next CBA if they can work out the details.  

1 hour ago, evilwaldo said:

Get ready for an international draft in the next CBA if they can work out the details.  

MLB has been pushing for this for years upon years. I personally don't think it's going to happen this time around because there are more pressing issues (mainly, the QO system) that are of interest to both sides.

Fuck the Cardinals. This has nothing to do with the ongoing series. It's just a general statement that needs to be made on occasion.

• Like 6

On 07/01/2016 at 8:40 PM, elizium said:

Goins and Barney both pitched. When was the last time 2 position players pitched in the same game for one team?

June 17, 2015 - Tampa did it

June 18, 2015 - Cleveland did it

The Cleveland game is notable for Kris Bryant hitting his first career grand slam off of David Murphy.

Before these two, it was 1990.

Yeah he is got a ton of heat on this.  He posted on his twitter that he would give someone $1000 for a ticket to the game.  Well someone took him on the offer because he girlfriend didn't want to go.   Can't blame the guy who gave him the ticket.   I mean I would rather have $500 then watch the Braves vs Marlins.  Now he claims that the money is going to a charity.  Nobody believes him

And people think wrestling fans are the biggest marks.  I mean when Marlins Man who has to sit behind home fucking plate tells you that this was bullshit come on 

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah he is got a ton of heat on this.  He posted on his twitter that he would give someone $1000 for a ticket to the game.  Well someone took him on the offer because he girlfriend didn't want to go.   Can't blame the guy who gave him the ticket.   I mean I would rather have $500 then watch the Braves vs Marlins.  Now he claims that the money is going to a charity.  Nobody believes him

And people think wrestling fans are the biggest marks.  I mean when Marlins Man who has to sit behind home fucking plate tells you that this was bullshit come on 

And Tinder .... ughhhhh

XsxwKIX.png

8 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

They really ought to ban ballhawks from stadiums. I know I would if I owned a team. . . .

I have a cousin who routinely gets to baseball games obscenely early to catch batting practice and beg the players to throw him a ball. I went with him a couple of times and the players are always pretty annoyed with him. 

I never understood it.