DVDVR Message Board

July 2016 NXT General Discussion Thread

Rev Ray

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Who's at NXT Houston? 

I was, and it was an awesome experience. First time seeing NXT live and lucky enough to get a ringside ticket. Revention Music Center had a great atmosphere and the event was probably the most fun I've had in years at a show.

• Like 2

I was there, too.  Awesome show.  Gargano/Ciampa vs Revival stole the show.  The finishing stretch was packed with a ton of really well done false finishes.  Nak and Finn beat Joe and Roode in the main event. All four guys played to the crowd a lot.  (Seriously, if you think Nakamura is a ham on TV, you should see him at a house show.)

Best of all, we were seated behind a really young girl who was dressed like Bayley, and she was losing her shit for all the babyfaces, especially the women.  It made up for all the asshats in the crowd acting like it was open mic night at the Improv.

The show was fantastic.  Ciampa / Gargano vs. the Revival was the best match of the night.  Great to see Hideo and Nakamura live.  It was Finn's night, though.  Speech after the show was great, and I'm guessing a veiled shot at Bill DeMott (and maybe Billy Gunn?  Wasn't he head trainer at NXT for a cup of coffee?). 

On a side note, I was sitting behind that doofus superfan with the red hat.  People were wanting autographs and pictures with him.  On the plus side, most of the wrestlers were interacting with him.  Buddy Murphy threw his hair back at him and we all got drenched with sweat / water from his hair.  Bayley and Finn both hugged him, and Nia Jax looked like she wanted to kill him. 

Speaking of Nia, her match with Asuka was really good.  Asuka got her in the guillotine, and Nia turned it into a deadlift vertical suplex / jackhammer (Jax Hammer?).  Same finish as the Takeover, with maybe a little more screaming back from Asuka.  2nd best match of the night. 

Really great show, and while it's a good thing they're headed to bigger and better things, I'll miss seeing them in the tiny venue.  I think it's pretty unlikely to see any of the names we saw tonight still on the NXT roster this time next year.  Well, probably Mandy Rose and Daria Pettinato.

I'm not sure if it was a shot at Gunn.  If I recall some of the letters to management concerning DeMott, people like Billy and felt he kept things pretty positive, though I haven't listened to any of the developmentally speaking things where most of the talking points seem to be about DeMott.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic