DVDVR Message Board

July 2016 NXT General Discussion Thread

Rev Ray

2 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Remember that the talent is not allowed to get over on their own or they get dropped down the roster.

Unless you're good enough to be transcendent of the WWE's booking tricks, like Bryan or Punk. 

I think Bayley is genuinely at that level of ability to get over and stay over to the point where depushes won't work or will backfire. 

6 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Unless you're good enough to be transcendent of the WWE's booking tricks, like Bryan or Punk. 

I think Bayley is genuinely at that level of ability to get over and stay over to the point where depushes won't work or will backfire. 

Let's make a bet. 5 match reviews of the winner's choosing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I think since people enjoy NXT and dislike main WWE programming, they forget that the talent doesn't really want to be in NXT for any longer than they have to be. Getting paid peanuts and working in front of 10 people a night in those rinky dink Florida shows has a short shelf life.

Listening to that Jericho pod, it's obvious how badly Bayley wants to move on.

I like NXT as it is now, and generally think it's booked much better than the main roster shows.  So, yeah, as a fan, I kinda want Joe, Bayley, American Alpha, etc. to stay on the main roster.  Especially in the case of women and tag teams, I generally feel like they're not going to be given the opportunity to put on the kind of matches they'll work in NXT.

I also realize that that's a short-sighted way to look at it, so I feel a little guilty for wishing anyone to stay in NXT.  No one is signing with the WWE to work NXT shows for years on end.  They all want callups and presumably all of them stand to make more money on the main roster.

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Let's make a bet. 5 match reviews of the winner's choosing.

I take that bet because the joke's on you, and if I lose, you'll have to read five poorly-written reviews! Ha, gotcha!

• Like 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again if they can't make money with Bayley on the MR then Vince needs to clean house. Of course with him being the main one that needs to go it probably won't happen.

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I take that bet because the joke's on you, and if I lose, you'll have to read five poorly-written reviews! Ha, gotcha!

Five might have been too many. Ah well.

Terms: Six months after she arrives on the main roster. If we don't have a consensus between us we can throw it to (BP) or Rippa or JohnnyLaw or someone in this conversation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Five might have been too many. Ah well.

Terms: Six months after she arrives on the main roster. If we don't have a consensus between us we can throw it to (BP) or Rippa or JohnnyLaw or someone in this conversation.

I will definitely lose if it's six months. She has to initially get over and then get booked into oblivion in response.

Let's do a year from her MR debut and see where she is after being heavily de-pushed.

Just now, Smelly McUgly said:

I will definitely lose if it's six months. She has to initially get over and then get booked into oblivion in response.

Let's do a year from her MR debut and see where she is after being heavily de-pushed.

A year it is. Sasha's not in bad shape right now so you might have a chance, but I don't know; she's a different sort of character.

NXT losing Bayley is going to hurt probably more than anyone including Finn and Sami. She is the true heart and soul of the brand. Especially the live events. However, She has to go up after Takeover. There isn't much else for her to do and NXT really needs the new blood like Ember and Liv. I think they can hold up the babyface brand of the NXT women with Asuka, Billie and Peyton/Mandy Rose as the heels. 

As for Bayley on the main roster, I really hope she goes to Smackdown and is as far away from Stephanie Mcmahon and Charlotte as possible. Bayley vs Alexa could work. If she ends up on Raw and Charlotte/Dana start doing like they did to Becky, it's over.

• Like 1

I can't think of anyone who would even come close to replacing Bailey on NXT. I would say Becky but she's not around.

Athena maybe? But from what I've seen, she doesn't have the raw charisma required. Asuka, as good as she is, is limited and requires feeding.

I can't help but think that someone like Santana Garrett would have been great in helping with the transition.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

I see why Bayley wants to come in and work her way up but the best thing for her bank account is to be brought in as a big deal, get some big matches and sell some merch before anyone in power finds a new shiny toy.

The storyline is very easy to do. Sasha beats Charlotte for the title at SummerSlam. Bayley shows up on RAW, hugs Charlotte, wants to be there for her friend, and gets bullied by Charlotte and Dana. She goes through both of them. Sasha turns heel on her to protect her title and Bayley chases her. It's very simple.

She doesn't want to be Emma, though. That's why she'd prefer the build. 

For those in the performanxe center I'm a fan of Liv Morgan. I hope Blanchard'so daughter can eventually learn how to keep her cool because I do like her heel work. 

I might be mixing a few up their names- but I wouldn't sleep on either Billie Kay, Peyton Royce or Santana Garrett. Those three stroke me as the most ready for more TV time- and all three are already better than Eva Marie or Carmella...

On the bright side - we don't have to deal with Carmella anymore.

14 hours ago, nofuture said:

Breeze was in the development system beginning in 2010 so I'd think he'd feel a little more job security than if he had stayed in NXT.

Breeze is probably happy to be on a limited Smackdown roster where there's definitely a chance for him to get time, whether in singles or with Fandango.

People aren't happy because of his non-push, but Dallas was pushed and who gives a shit?

4 hours ago, CHIKARA MARK~! said:

Breeze is probably happy to be on a limited Smackdown roster where there's definitely a chance for him to get time, whether in singles or with Fandango.

People aren't happy because of his non-push, but Dallas was pushed and who gives a shit?

Bayley obviously learned from the Dallas disaster. His character was over in NXT because of the path it took. The fans resented him as a lead babyface and he went heel delusionally after that. They dumped him on Raw as a finished product. Obviously, it wasn't going to work. She seems to get that.

30 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Too bad it doesn't matter what Bayley gets or doesn't get. It's in the hands of Vince and the writer.  I wouldn't bet money they learned anything from Breeze flopping on the main roster.

I don't know, I kinda doubt they'll have her feud with Ziggler right off the bat.

• Like 2

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by her on Jericho talking about how she'd use her acting class training in ring.. "Uh, well, if I have an on screen relationship and we break up..." 

A huge chunk of wrestling is selling what happens in the ring, every little thing, as meaningful. It's worrying that they're not connecting that with the acting classes.

On 7/23/2016 at 3:25 AM, CHIKARA MARK~! said:

Watching every UpUpDownDown or WWE Game Night or just about any Youtube video with him in it. Breeze looks like he's having the absolute time of his life.  I really don't think being pushed to the stars is as important to as many people as we make it out to be.

• Like 2