DVDVR Message Board

July 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

18 hours ago, Roman said:

ZWoWFnd.gif

Good to see the deathmatch stuff isn't the only dumb thing in this thread.  Somebody please explain the difference between, "sure, go ahead and slam me on some scissors, it's cool" and "sure, go ahead and give me a shoot running knee to the face, it's cool."  I hate to be Jim Cornette here but come the fuck on.  Neither takes and skill and both are maybe one small step removed from an actual geek show.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Good to see the deathmatch stuff isn't the only dumb thing in this thread.  Somebody please explain the difference between, "sure, go ahead and slam me on some scissors, it's cool" and "sure, go ahead and give me a shoot running knee to the face, it's cool."  I hate to be Jim Cornette here but come the fuck on.  Neither takes and skill and both are maybe one small step removed from an actual geek show.

At least the shoot knee was the finish at a packed Dome Show.  Pretty sure Kanemaru wasn't paid on hot dogs and empty promises for taking that.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Roman said:

Too death-match-fucked-up, too stiff, too flippy, too silly, too fake... Is there any kind of pro-wrestling left that we can all enjoy?

"anything you like is so 3 days ago and the absolute worst."  - Internet Policy On Everything.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Except that isn't really a shoot knee.  It is a stiff knee, but there is not a single circumstance when someone would throw a knee like that in a shoot fight.  Kenta essentially ran into his opponent with his knee, which isn't the same as someone driving their knee into someone's head like they would do in a shoot fight.  The fact that his weight is falling backwards and he isn't driving his knee forward takes basically all the impact away from that knee.  This is a shoot flying knee, notice how all of his momentum is being used to drive his leg forward.

beal_chris.gif

• Like 1

Hell, you want to namedrop Jim Cornette in that rant, Bobby Eaton probably did more damage to his hips and tailbone constantly doing legdrops off the top rope in TBS jobber squashes than anytime KENTA ever did that running knee.

-Signed, a guy that loves old-school Southern wrestling, King's Road/NOAH epics, AND deathmatches. It's like ice cream, sometimes I like the insane Ben & Jerry's concoctions, and sometimes I just like some regular vanilla ice cream with a splash of chocolate syrup.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, supremebve said:

Except that isn't really a shoot knee.  It is a stiff knee, but there is not a single circumstance when someone would throw a knee like that in a shoot fight.  Kenta essentially ran into his opponent with his knee, which isn't the same as someone driving their knee into someone's head like they would do in a shoot fight.  The fact that his weight is falling backwards and he isn't driving his knee forward takes basically all the impact away from that knee.  This is a shoot flying knee, notice how all of his momentum is being used to drive his leg forward.

Tomato, to mah to.  The opponent's face rippling like Rocky and his head violently rocking to the side say otherwise.  I'm not talking about UFC here, "Shoot knee" = he sure as fuck didn't work that shit.  He legitimately kneed him in the face.  He pulled it a little but come the fuck on.  Justify it and soften it all you want, but this is supposed to be a work and hitting someone square in the face with your knee either means you're careless or untalented.