DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Speaking of Undertaker I feel like I read that they were trying to get him to work Summerslam this year, but I haven't a clue who he would work with

Yeah, I think Meltzer or someone said Undertaker wasn't taking Vince's calls because he was still furious that the original finish for Mania was 21-2. 

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton now officially confirmed (unless they assume nobody watches Smackdown) for Summerslam

I don't get this match at all.  I mean I guess I am glad they announced this because I was sure that if Brock beat Mark Hunt he was going to face Roman Reigns.  But this is such a nothing match as of right now.  It really doesn't matter if you play the "well he is a part timer so it is special" card if your opponent isn't much.   

They are going to have Orton fail a wellness exam days before the match leaving Vince scrambling for a replacement only to pull the Undertaker out the day before.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

They are going to have Orton fail a wellness exam days before the match leaving Vince scrambling for a replacement only to pull the Undertaker out the day before.

Teddy Long would approve of this.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, I think Meltzer or someone said Undertaker wasn't taking Vince's calls because he was still furious that the original finish for Mania was 21-2. 

I would have guessed he wasn't taking Vince's calls because he's too broken down to get to the phone in time.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I would have guessed he wasn't taking Vince's calls because he's too broken down to get to the phone in time.

He probably shouldn't do his full entrance every time he gets off the couch to answer the phone. The care and maintenance of the fog machine and druids can't be cheap.

• Like 10

The reason we need at least a second national promotion is just guys at least go between major promotions and freshen themselves up. There is nothing that Orton can do in WWE short of embracing the crazy ala BROKEN Matt Hardy to get me to give any fucks about anything that he does, and even in that case, I still might be bored with him. 

And the thought that Brock gets knocked out by Mark Hunt, then gets beaten by Orton, and Orton gets elevated to a feud with Dean fucking Ambrose sounds, on a list of terrible feuds that I'm pretty sure would suck, like it would be firmly entrenched at the bottom of that list. Even seeing a Rollins/Orton feud redux would be better because at least Rollins would try to kill himself off of weird and interesting RKO set-ups/ bumps. 

Reigns might be able to get something interesting out of Orton, but putting the big gold back on him right after he gets back from suspension would be a dire mistake unless they turn him heel, which means that he'll probably win at Battleground, but not turn heel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

He probably shouldn't do his full entrance every time he gets off the couch to answer the phone. The care and maintenance of the fog machine and druids can't be cheap.

Fog machines are way more expensive to keep alive than druids. That fog liquid is easily 10x the cost of gruel and mead.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Fog machines are way more expensive to keep alive than druids. That fog liquid is easily 10x the cost of gruel and mead.

But you have to pay for new robes every year, and the druids ask for hazard pay if they have to carry actual flaming torches. 

You can't just promise to pay druids with "exposure". The druids are providing a service and should be paid for it. You think animal companions and spell components just grow on trees? I guess they do if you're a druid but it's the principle!

• Like 3

Re: Lesnar V Orton 

The roster doesnt even need Lesnar these days imo. The "dream match" aura of his run is well and truly gone, id much rather see what dream matches they can put together with Nak/AJ/Owens/Finn/Zayn/Cena/Rollins/Joe than see Lesnar suplex someone for 10-15 minutes and put no one over.

• Like 1

It is really strange that everyone lost their minds thinking they killed Lesnar as a draw by having him job to Cena in his comeback match, when in actuality making him invincible to anyone not from the Attitude era was what killed him. 

Well, that would get us back to a possible Lesnar vs Bray program.  So it wouldn't be bad thing.

The only major card left to play with Lesnar is to have Reigns go over him and become the new Final Boss for WWE.  Do it at WM 33 and finally be done with it.  If they actually push Reigns as a 100% no-allegiance antihero who breaks the bones of anyone fool enough to cross him, it could work.  From there, you have a cast of 'rogues' going after him--Owens, Joe, Bray, Styles, Nakamura, and Rusev--ultimately leading to a showdown with Cena.

• Like 1

Rusev or KO could easily be built up to be competitive with Brock.  Corbin would take more work, but him shittalking Brock for not being able to make the NFL would instantly have the crowd ready to see him get slaughtered.