DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Alberto Del Rio is a little crybaby bitch and kind of deserves this situation.  Just saying.  He won't be back in LU

I bet that's something you couldn't say to his face. 

C'mon Troma, you're better than that 

I've said way more fucked up stuff to people's faces and can take an open hand slap, but my point stands.  

I can see why Alberto acted the way he did (while I don't agree, but I can see how he felt slighted), but think it's hilarious that the second he got to WWE he was doing the same shit he was complaining about very publicly in  Lucha Underground, and now he's complaining about his time there.  

I'm not even gonna get into him going back to the place he buried repeatedly for racism.  When he slapped the shit out of that social media guy I was on the FUCK YEAH GOOD FOR HIM bandwagon.  

There's more to it, but yeah

That came out harsh on my part and for that, I'll apologize. Just every now and then I get annoyed at those kind of remarks to the people that give us endless entertainment whether we hate them or not. Plus I deal with keyboard gangsters on the Book every day and I kinda projected that on you. That's being said, I didn't think it was a good look, but that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. :-)

• Like 1

You guys should hear me rant about the Ultima Lucha 2 title match sometime where you can literally pinpoint the moment my heart breaks on national television.

THAT'S me being salty

I think I went like 20 minutes or something on the Masks, Mats, and Mayhem podcast this week.  My cohosts new to just let me get it all out.

I'm still salty he no-showed that autism benefit I had tickets for last year.  If he'd just come out and said, "Sorry, I just couldn't bear the thought of sitting through that Colt Cabana/Jinder Mahal match," then I would've undertood...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

So he can refuse to job to Pentagon again?

Give the crybaby enough money and tell him he owes them for the shit from season 1.  He'll probably do it at that point.

But it's not gonna happen, so it's more wishful thinking anyway.

And I got the podcast episode.  You haven't gone much into the match yet, but I'm keeping an ear out for said heartbreak.

48 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm still salty he no-showed that autism benefit I had tickets for last year.  If he'd just come out and said, "Sorry, I just couldn't bear the thought of sitting through that Colt Cabana/Jinder Mahal match," then I would've undertood...

Was that the Bustin for Autism show? If so I have seen it and it is good. 

Man, at least last time he got to slap the shit out of some asshole in the lunch line.

And to commemorate that, here is the Webcomic I made back then:

I believe we need to settle this truth of what happened by cementing the known facts into the non-ficiton journalistic form that speaks to our historical era and will capture the weight of the event for generations hundreds of years from now.

I mean, of course, a primitve template-based webcomic:

wwehistory.png

Case closed, gentlemen.  The format of record has spoken.  History is written.

History indeed.

The whole ADR thing is weird.  I get that the WWE signed him as a warning to AAA/LU about how strong they are as an organization.  The swapping titles with Kalisto is another sign that they are looking at LU/AAA talent.  The CWC is a third sign.

ADR cancelled on US dates in AAA because he wanted to spend time with family.  Now he is with Paige.  Splitting the two up was a sign of some backstage stuff going on.

Am I off with stuff here?

Everything seems weird.  I like Paige.  She deserves better.

On 7/25/2016 at 9:49 PM, (BP) said:

Is, "I Went to New York for a Year and All I Got Was This Smoking Hot Cockney Chick," too long for a t-shirt?  

Not to be a pedant (ok, mainly to be a pedant), Paige's off puttingly irritating accent is Norfolk, not Cockney. It's from the Easternmost one of the various parts of the UK that we make fun of for inbreeding and general yokelry, as opposed to the specific part of London that makes Cockneys, or any of the places in and around London where they try to sound like Cockneys. She's basically from Alan Partridge country, plus with that transatlantic Kelly Osbourne twang to make her voice extra nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

Not to be a pedant (ok, mainly to be a pedant), Paige's off puttingly irritating accent is Norfolk, not Cockney. It's from the Easternmost one of the various parts of the UK that we make fun of for inbreeding and general yokelry, as opposed to the specific part of London that makes Cockneys, or any of the places in and around London where they try to sound like Cockneys. She's basically from Alan Partridge country, plus with that transatlantic Kelly Osbourne twang to make her voice extra nails on a chalkboard.

This post is funnier if you read it in Cockney.

• Like 11

Was ADR a draw for WWE in Mexico? Were there any metrics where he meant what Rey meant to them? 

13 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

Not to be a pedant (ok, mainly to be a pedant), Paige's off puttingly irritating accent is Norfolk, not Cockney. It's from the Easternmost one of the various parts of the UK that we make fun of for inbreeding and general yokelry, as opposed to the specific part of London that makes Cockneys, or any of the places in and around London where they try to sound like Cockneys. She's basically from Alan Partridge country, plus with that transatlantic Kelly Osborne twang to make her voice extra nails on a chalkboard.

My inability to distinguish accents is up there with my deficiencies when it comes to remembering names, faces, or directions. I'm just generally at a loss every time I leave my house alone. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2016 at 0:32 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

And as much as I'd love to see it, I really very seriously doubt they'll each have new, unique sets. I could see them pulling some half-ass move where they just use all the components of the current set in a different configuration

17 minutes ago, CSC said:

Apparently a picture making the rounds on Twitter of the new RAW set...

CoPMMTLWIAAkdoO.jpg

Not doing this to be like "durr I called it dudes," but to reiterate how absolutely frustrating so much of this brand split process has been

Okay, maybe just a little

p3RofuD.gif

• Like 3