DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

The more you hear Scott Hall talk about his career the more you realize just how much he got it more than any other. He wasnt a mark for himself, and was in it all for ways to make even more money. 

Praise DDP for helping him get out of the gutter... and to become DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion.

• Like 1

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton now officially confirmed (unless they assume nobody watches Smackdown) for Summerslam

I don't get this match at all.  I mean I guess I am glad they announced this because I was sure that if Brock beat Mark Hunt he was going to face Roman Reigns.  But this is such a nothing match as of right now.  It really doesn't matter if you play the "well he is a part timer so it is special" card if your opponent isn't much.   

Plus it's a match with a bunch of realistic outcomes depending on the Hunt fight.

Brock wins, destroys Orton and becomes champ of the 2nd brand where he only has to wrestle once every 2 months.

Brock loses, Orton wins, and can immediately go after whatever Shield guy is champ.

Orton is pretty much the only person who they can put with Brock right now.  He doesn't need the win like any of the Shield guys would, but he's still a credible threat.  Plus, we haven't seen it 50-11 times.

If nothing else, we should get a cool F5 into a RKO spot.

• Like 1

I don't see how Lesnar vs Orton would work stylistically. Lesnar matches are based around him bouncing his opponents around like rubber balls, and Orton's all fragile and injury prone. And the psychology of Orton matches is the same as HHH matches. Punch your opponent once, then have them lie down while you do my poses and make a face.

9 hours ago, Hooker said:

A match that

1. Does nothing for Brock
  2. Does nothing for Randy
  3. Does nothing for the audience

It's uninspired but what was the last thing WWE did that was? It's enough of a curiosity and has a enough drawing potential that it feels like a Summerslam match. 

11 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Speaking of Undertaker I feel like I read that they were trying to get him to work Summerslam this year, but I haven't a clue who he would work with

Doesn't Vince have another son Taker can face?