DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Counterpoint: Wrestlers that are not in established companies are considered independent, so that must make wrestlers in, say, WWE dependent.  Even though they are categorized as contractors, thereby making them independent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I don't know why Austin thought he couldn't club the guy because he was a babyface. If I was there he would have gotten my cheers if he stomped a mudhole on that clown.

Is your question a work or is it a shoot?

• Like 1

I was thinking about Macho Warrior Ric Hogan, the guy who did a mash-up of 80's gimmicks. If you were to update that for the Attitude era nostalgia fans, what gimmick name would you use? I'm thinking Stone Rock Dude McMahon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRGoldman said:

They should bring back the Anonymous Raw GM, but have it run live by Bobby Heenan. He could make Cole read jokes. 

A running Heenan popup window would do more to make me watch RAW on non-FF than almost anything else I can imagine.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Riff Raff got involved in a match at the Urban Wrestling Federations 'Bloody Bullet' PPV last week.

It's astounding/ Time is fleeting/ Madness takes its toll.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, zev said:

Could they get Heenan to cut one promo where he gives his stamp of authority to the new color commentator for Smackdown, Corey Graves?

No. Heenan doesn't have a functional lower jaw anymore, so he's hard to understand when he talks.

maxresdefault.jpg

38 minutes ago, EVA said:

Im curious if they added the sing-along to his theme, or if that has really caught on as a thing outside Full Sail already.

The videos of his match in Hawaii have people singing along too so I think it's something that's caught on.

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Riff Raff got involved in a match at the Urban Wrestling Federations 'Bloody Bullet' PPV last week.

This video is from March, at the UR Fight iPPV, where Angle wrestled Mysterio and Riff Raff interfered.

10 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I was thinking about Macho Warrior Ric Hogan, the guy who did a mash-up of 80's gimmicks. If you were to update that for the Attitude era nostalgia fans, what gimmick name would you use? I'm thinking Stone Rock Dude McMahon.

"Rock Cold" Trips McMahonkind.