DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

11 hours ago, tystates said:

Anyone see all the wrecks during the cycling today?

The course was really nice, but the descent was something else. I don't want to think what would have happened if there was some rain.

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

The course was really nice, but the descent was something else. I don't want to think what would have happened if there was some rain.

Some sweet avoidance maneuvers involving wicked bike tricks, obviously.

Well he's a 7 feet tall basketball player and she's a 4'6" 15 year old gymnast. This shouldn't be surprising. Even our taller gymnasts would like like children next to him.

On 8/6/2016 at 9:09 AM, Matt D said:

Hey, women's rugby is kind of fun to watch.

I knew they were going to have rugby sevens this time.

I did not know they were going to have women's rugby sevens.

Slightly less raw footspeed than men's sevens but that just seems to increase the chance of dramatic touchdown try saving tackles on what look like the standard sevens breakaway.

Women's Rugby is definitely going to to be this year's sport I get upset about not seeing while they shove beach volleyball and gymnastics down my throat.

• Like 1

11) Team Handball is the best sport in the Olympics. It should really be huge in America. And we should absolutely dominate Team Handball. I love it so much.

2) Seconded on Rugby 7s. What a really fun and fast sport. I watched the US/Aussie thriller and am really in love with it.

3) The USA Men's Basketball team is going to smoke this thing. They're also missing LeBron/Steph/Russ and AD. That's  insane. This is also maybe that last interesting international basketball tournament for a while. Argentina, Spain and Lithuania all have a ton of guys under the age of 30. They don't have any young depth.