DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Tears in Sochi as EVE~! and her fellow Scottish lasses put on a second half clinic to close out the Swiss and win Bronze for GB.

I missed the first half but a botched blank doomed the Swiss down the stretch. Nice job by the Team GB ladies. Hope to see your big blue eyes again in four years...

• Like 1

First time I've seen Jones go through a tournament without having *that game* that she mysteriously implodes, but when she doesn't do that, she's pretty much unbeatable.

Her "worst" game was against the US... which was pretty much the best time for her to suck

It was all the referees, ask the St. Louis Blues fan all about it.

No, the US blew that game all on there own: But the refs called one really really bad penalty on the slash that had no buisness at all being made, and one call on the breakaway that was rather iffy. Really, the slash is the one that changed the game more then anything: It went from a US PP to 4 on 4 which led to the breakaway. Without the really bad slash call, the breakaway doesn't happen. So either way, yeah, the refs had a lot to do with it.

More to do with the Americans being unable to close out a 2 goal lead in the 3rd with 3 and a half minutes left, but yeah.

First time I've seen Jones go through a tournament without having *that game* that she mysteriously implodes, but when she doesn't do that, she's pretty much unbeatable.

Yeah, I was waiting all week for "that game". I was hoping she would do it against South Korea in the last round robin game, but she got out of the early game funk, so then I was shit scared she was going to pull one of those games off in the playoffs.

Won a quarter betting on the measurement in the 8th end, then won a dollar by betting that Canada would steal in the 9th. Free money and a Canadian gold medal? Good day!

The slash call was ridiculous, it was such a blatant case of trying to even up the sides. Apparently pushing your stick at the goalie's pads is a penalty. It would have been one thing if she was repeatedly doing it to try and jostle the puck out, but that wasn't the case at all.

Yeah, I was waiting all week for "that game". I was hoping she would do it against South Korea in the last round robin game, but she got out of the early game funk, so then I was shit scared she was going to pull one of those games off in the playoffs.

Won a quarter betting on the measurement in the 8th end, then won a dollar by betting that Canada would steal in the 9th. Free money and a Canadian gold medal? Good day!

I really tried keeping quiet throughout the women's draw, because I like the Jones rink so much, but was also waiting for "that game" to happen. The men, however...

I mean, obviously I want them to win, because Canada. But man do I hate that Jacobs team. We need a real curling team as our reps, not freaks who just like hearing the rocks smash together so that they can flex and yell.

• Like 2

Also, Ryan Fry is a sissy for running away from Manitoba because he could never be better than Burtnyk/Stoughton/Peters/McEwan. And that turrible tattoo on his arm. So terrible...

Vic Peters! Now that's a curling team. Spoilered for middle-aged Canadianness.

ROTR-Carey-1992-Brier-champs-resized.jpg

• Like 1