DVDVR Message Board

UFC 200: Tate vs. Nunes (7/9/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

They should be on FS1 now after moving over from FS2.

I like Sage, but he just needs more cage experience and seasoning and a more consistent camp.  Kid is only 20 and still in school.  I think he left a lot of openings tonight that he needs to work on.  

But he's so young and inexperienced that it makes sense to give him softer match-ups.  He faced adversity tonight and came through.  That will hopefully help him in the long run.  He still needs to find a camp to be his home though.  Also, let him take as much time as he needs.  No need to rush him.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Kevin Iole is reporting the purses for tonight

Brock - $2.5million, DC is getting $500k (was expected to get $1m for the Jones fight),Hunt $700k, Tate $500k, Aldo $400k, Spider Silva $600k, Cain $300k, Travis $120k, Edgar $190k, Nunes $100k

Wow Brock's purse is by FAR the largest they have ever disclosed. If I recall McGregor had one million for his last fight which was the previous high.

1 hour ago, zev said:

Is anyone here actually ordering the show just to see Brock's fight?

Hello!

Well, that, and I'm mildly interested in the rest of the fights. But, yeah, it's my birthday weekend, I decided to splurge and drop $49.99 on YouTube to see the card. I'm the most casual of casual MMA fans, only watch when there's nothing else on (like last night's TUF finale), but Brock tipped me over the edge to buying UFC 200. Jones/DC was like a (real) pro-wrestling feud, and I was really into that match-up because Jones is such a fucking dickhead, but Silva replacing him is a nice consolation prize (for me).

24 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

They should be on FS1 now after moving over from FS2.

I like Sage, but he just needs more cage experience and seasoning and a more consistent camp.  Kid is only 20 and still in school.  I think he left a lot of openings tonight that he needs to work on.  

But he's so young and inexperienced that it makes sense to give him softer match-ups.  He faced adversity tonight and came through.  That will hopefully help him in the long run.  He still needs to find a camp to be his home though.  Also, let him take as much time as he needs.  No need to rush him.

He needs to develop his strength. He is strong for his age, but people are going to try to take him down right off the bat. Hard to get set that way. However, he was able to escape that armbar and then stop Marin from lay and praying in round 3. Win this one and look better next time.

Dillashaw probably just safely secured a rematch with Cruz.

Hendricks looked flat honestly with very little pop on his punches outside of the tighter, shorter punches when he was up against the cage. Gastelum clearly won the first two rounds and arguably you could give him the third as well. 

Gastelum looked amazing tonight. Best performance from him that I've seen. So fluid and technical. Only complaint was that he continued to get caught on the exit by Hendricks' looping counter left hook. He should've adjusted his angle on the way out.

Weird prelim main event, with Cat dominating the grappling in the first, looking dominant in that aspect, then proceeded to lose the next two rounds decisively via graps. I hope she can bounce back with a win. Her decision making is a little erratic but she's entertaining and fights with such gusto. 

1 minute ago, grilledcheese said:

Holy shit, what a fantastic photo. Has there been anything said about if he is in fact coming back to 145?

He said he was coming back pretty much on Thursday at the 202 presser.