DVDVR Message Board

UFC 200: Tate vs. Nunes (7/9/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

So, is Anderson Silva actually in shape? Because apparently he had surgery (Gall Bladder removal) two months ago. I mean, it's a big payday late in his career, anyone on the roster would have taken the fight even though Cormier's pretty much nailed on against almost anybody, with how short notice it is.

White said he cleared all his medicals.  And this is Nevada. 

Then again a state athletic commission still cleared Kimbo Slice, who is now dead, and Dada 5000 who almost died after fighting Slice.  Texas or not, they still got cleared.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

White said he cleared all his medicals.  And this is Nevada. 

Then again a state athletic commission still cleared Kimbo Slice, who is now dead, and Dada 5000 who almost died after fighting Slice.  Texas or not, they still got cleared.

I doubt Kimbo would've been licensed in Nevada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

I dont think ive read or heard anyone talking about how big this is for women's mma, for tate/nunes to headline what will possibly be the ufc's biggest ppv of all time, and undoubtedly the most stacked card of all time...regardless of how they got there.

It's still pretty sudden.  A little while ago the thought was that Hunt/Lesnar was the main event, and then it turns into Tate/Nunes at the very last second.

I mean this situation is still insane and hard to completely take in.  Not to mention we are going from one big fight to another on each night.  It's hard to take a breath and settle.

Never mind the weight cut, Meisha looked a little bit shook at Nunes's intensity at the weigh in.   I am starting to wonder if Tate enjoyed being a champion a bit too much.  I guess we will see if she still has that intensity tonight.

I think I disagree with Meltzer saying he expects it play out like Joanna and Claudia did last night. Tate really isn't a volume striker like Joanna and that's what propelled her to victory. Joanna looks to hit you from anywhere and in anyway she can. Tate kinda lays back in the pocket. She's going to have to tire out Nunes by trying to get her to the ground and then eventually getting her there. If I'm Robert Follis, I'm telling Miesha to not do anything that will get her picked apart early on. One thing people might be overlooking is that Nunes feels comfortable being on top in guard. That was how she fought other strikers in the past. If she can get on top of you, she's looking to smash you or at least control your movement. Can Miesha create opportunities off her back? Does she spend 90 seconds trying to get back up? This fight can play out many different ways.

• Like 1

Just from how tired/depleted Meisha looked at the weigh ins, it looked like that was a hard cut on her.  She has had time to rehydrate and all, but...

Nunes looked hungrier too.

Shit happens in the fight game though, and what a difference a day can make.  Like I said, im pulling for Meisha.

I still think Brock gets nuked.

I like the mat (apparently it's not yellow but gold looking at the arena photos) considering I never got over them abandoning the blueish gray mat that only around for 2 cards in 2007.