DVDVR Message Board

BOLA 2016

I like Cobb a lot, but his conditioning is suspect -- he was sucking wind and noticeably slowing down in the Hero match.  Yes, Hero has better cardio than Cobb.  His work is decent but I feel like there's no "music between the notes," just one power spot after another.  It feels more like a big move exhibition than a match.  Just my opinion and I'm positive he'll get better.

Finally finished night 1.  There were points in the main event six man that I legitimately LOL'd at.  If you don't like comedy wrestling, you'd probably be well served to turn off the show after Hero/Liger.  And you're probably a horrible person.

Oh and fuck ZSJ's horrible selling.  Falling to a seated position and staring off into space with a blank expression on your face.  Awesome.

For me?

ASW 11 n1&2 - culmination of a matt rushmore storyline bringing back two former pwg stars. plus, super dragon talks (dont look at the previews unless you wanna be spoiled)

ASW 12 n1&2 - strong vs sabre beating the piss out of each other. o'reilly vs scurll. 

And then its a crapshoot. Take a look at the previews on their youtube channel and see which one makes you feel funny inside. You know what you're going to get with PWG. 

Night 2 of BOLA is likely my favourite show of the year from what I've seen. So much insanity with the two tag matches delivering all of the stars. Nick Jackson is a crazy person. It's a shame we won't see more of Tommy End and Hero vs. Fenix/Pentagon Jr. 

I think I'm having leg-slap withdrawals after sitting through 7 hours of this, seriously, what the fuck? I even caught Ricochet slapping his thigh whilst delivering chops at one point. First time seeing Tommy End and he's going to be a riot in NXT, outside of the leg-slaps. One thing I can say about Marty is he stood out on character work alone, he truly stood out as a heel, outside of Hero, he was the ''villain'' of the show, constantly pandering and spewing out self entitled verbage. Plus the spot where he dislocates fingers is awesome, way better than some overly contrived shit like a 630 or whatever. Yeah Marty is cool.