DVDVR Message Board

G1 Climax 26

MoeCristyV.1.6

Man, Day 6 was a real gem. Really good and/or fun stuff across the board. The Tough Guy Classic delivered, Honma gave Omega a real heavyweight showcase, and I even liked a YOSHI-HASHI match thanks to a hot extended finish with Nagata.

We've secretly replaced everyone's usual going through the motions Yoshi-Hashi with an competent worker pacing out his spots and working his ass off, let's see if anyone notices...

Oh, and we've also manged to master accelerated reverse aging and roll Tenzan back 10 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Oh, and we've also manged to master accelerated reverse aging and roll Tenzan back 10 years.

I'm sorta expecting him to make the finals only to age rapidly during his ring intro and turn to dust the first time he gets kicked hard during the match.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm sorta expecting him to make the finals only to age rapidly during his ring intro and turn to dust the first time he gets kicked hard during the match.

I actually expect him to wrestle so hard and gast he turns into the lightning bolt that made Barry Allen The Flash!

James

17 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

We've secretly replaced everyone's usual going through the motions Yoshi-Hashi with an competent worker pacing out his spots and working his ass off, let's see if anyone notices...

Either this year or the end of last year, Yoshi-Hashi suddenly became much better.  Rather odd, as it just seemed to happen one day, and I can't pinpoint what specifically caused it.  

That being said, I'm still not that into watching him, but at least his underdog story has some meat to it, due to him picking up his game and all. 

I was not at all into a YOSHI-HASHI/EVIL match-up, and that held for a while, but boy did it get good towards the end.

Really digging viscious cocky heel Nakajima, especially after what feels like a decade-straight of plucky fresh faced young lion Nakajima. Almost scary stiff bout with Nagata that brought quite a few cringes.

As expected, Elgin/Omega and Shibata/Naito were two of the best matches of the tournament thus far. Awesome stuff.

• Like 2

I can understand them keeping the scores so close, since there are so many shows being run in this year's tournament. But, it's making the Tenzan fanboy in me worried. I figure he's definitely going to be SANADA and Fale, and 50/50 that he beats Goto, and the best I see with Tanahashi is draw. 

6 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

I can understand them keeping the scores so close, since there are so many shows being run in this year's tournament. But, it's making the Tenzan fanboy in me worried. I figure he's definitely going to be SANADA and Fale, and 50/50 that he beats Goto, and the best I see with Tanahashi is draw. 

You don't think a legit banged-up, shoulder-fucked Tanahashi could possibly drop a fall to Tenzan? I think Tanahashi winning would be the bigger surprise.

Well see, Tanahashi and*maybe* Fale are the only falls I see Okada dropping, which won't get Tenzan back up there even if he win's out.  If Okada wins 1 and Tenzan wins out, Okada still has the tiebreaker.  

I'm pretty sure Marufuji is taking A block, and probably the whole thing at this point.  I don't see any B Blockers outside of Naito being a Dome Main Event.  

On 7/29/2016 at 0:27 PM, Raziel403 said:

Contentious statement:  Sanada has the worst Dragon Sleeper on the planet and should stop doing it.

I wanted to make a comment before about SANADA squeezing you around the jaw for that statement, but I just wrapped the Marufuji match and he had forehead at best. Good lord is it hot garbage.

ISHII.

IS.

STRONGEST.

Holy shit what an amazing match. I haven't been that invested in a bout in a long time and it fucking rocked. Great to see Ishii finally come up with a big win as well.

I was still in the refractory period from the previous match, but I thought it was very good. Nothing really blow away from what I recall, and there's a crazy bump early on that kinda goes nowhere, but it's got what you'd expect from both guys, and some truly killer counters to each other's arsenal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyanide said:

I was still in the refractory period from the previous match, but I thought it was very good. Nothing really blow away from what I recall, and there's a crazy bump early on that kinda goes nowhere, but it's got what you'd expect from both guys, and some truly killer counters to each other's arsenal.

Thanks man. Ishii/Okada was insane.