DVDVR Message Board

G1 Climax 26

MoeCristyV.1.6

He's acting that way because he is legitimately a strange cat. He's a super athletic nerd who could've played hockey but chose wrestling because that's his passion. He got picked on for having gloriously curly locks as a kid and probably didn't have an outgoing personality. He came off super reserved in his HS shoot interview too. Being this larger than life, video game boss persona is probably his release.

For those of you too young to remember, it's kind of a running joke, dating back to when Jeff Hardy won his first Intercontinental Title from Triple H and then immediately jobbed it back to him four days later, and continuing on to Daniel Bryan winning the World TItle from Big Show and CM Punk winning beating John Cena for the WWE title in the "pipe bomb" match, every time it seems like a promotion is going to pull the trigger on a young guy winning the title and getting a big push, Dave and Bryan will go on their podcast and get all excited and do a bunch of fantasy booking about all the awesome matches that Hardy/Bryan/Punk are going to have as champion, and then the rug gets pulled out from under them and Triple H buries Hardy, or Bryan loses in 8 seconds to Sheamus, or Punk loses the title in a Money in the Bank cash-in to Del Rio.

Every time Dave and Bryan get excited about a big upset, the status quo is restored and the guy they were marking out over gets buried.

So congratulations, Dave.  Thanks to Sunday's podcast, where you fantasy booked Ishii and Shibata getting title shots and Shibata winning the IC title, you have pretty much guaranteed that Kenny is going to become the first guy to lose the Tokyo Dome title shot before January 4th and the Dome Show will probably feature Shibata becoming the first guy to job to Captain New Japan at the Dome, Ishii being stuck in a meaningless tag match, and Tanahashi winning the IWGP title again.

• Like 1

Feeling on Goto I can't shake: Everything about his look and style makes me think he's the kind of guy the WWE would have brought in a decade ago as their token Japanese superstar: "Japan Man, a dangerous striker and vicious grappler from the Orient..."  He's an alternate time line Kenzo Suzuki.

10 hours ago, peterien said:

Can anyone tell me if the Nakajima matches are worth a look?

Not a lot of his matches are coming to mind right now (probably due to sheer match fatigue more than anything), but vs Shibata was everything you'd want it to be, vs Nagata is a brutal young punk vs grizzled vet affair, and I seem to recall his match with Elgin being pretty good too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

For those of you too young to remember, it's kind of a running joke, dating back to when Jeff Hardy won his first Intercontinental Title from Triple H and then immediately jobbed it back to him four days later, and continuing on to Daniel Bryan winning the World TItle from Big Show and CM Punk winning beating John Cena for the WWE title in the "pipe bomb" match, every time it seems like a promotion is going to pull the trigger on a young guy winning the title and getting a big push, Dave and Bryan will go on their podcast and get all excited and do a bunch of fantasy booking about all the awesome matches that Hardy/Bryan/Punk are going to have as champion, and then the rug gets pulled out from under them and Triple H buries Hardy, or Bryan loses in 8 seconds to Sheamus, or Punk loses the title in a Money in the Bank cash-in to Del Rio.

Every time Dave and Bryan get excited about a big upset, the status quo is restored and the guy they were marking out over gets buried.

So congratulations, Dave.  Thanks to Sunday's podcast, where you fantasy booked Ishii and Shibata getting title shots and Shibata winning the IC title, you have pretty much guaranteed that Kenny is going to become the first guy to lose the Tokyo Dome title shot before January 4th and the Dome Show will probably feature Shibata becoming the first guy to job to Captain New Japan at the Dome, Ishii being stuck in a meaningless tag match, and Tanahashi winning the IWGP title again.

I trust Gedo more than I trust anyone stated above. And he's probably carnie as they come.