DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] CWC 1st Round - EPISODE FOUR

RIPPA

Per PWI

- Rich Swann beat Jason Lee with a hopping 450. The most over guy of the night has been Swann, and the crowd even sang his brand new theme song lyrics “Can You Handle This” during the match. Star making crowd reaction.

- Noam Dar beat Gurv Sihra via leglock submission

- Jack Gallagher beat Fabian Aichner via running corner dropkick. Both men looked great here.

- Johnny Gargano beat Tommaso Ciampa via roll through crucifix pin after an incredible match. Violent chops and huge moves by Ciampa including a lungblower powerbomb and white noise on the apron. Match of the night.

Per WON

WEEK 4: CWC ROUND ONE

*Rich Swann defeated Jason Lee with the bouncing 450.  The crowd was really into Swann.

*Noam Dar defeated Gurv Shira with a leg submission.   Live crowd seemed burnt out after Swann match.

*Jack Gallagher defeated Fabian Aichner with a running drop kick. Good match. Crowd was into Gallagher.

*Johnny Gargano defeated Tommaso Ciampa with a crucifix pin. Good match. A lot of reversals.    After the match Gargano offers his hand to Ciampa but Ciampa refuses. Gargano sits down in the ring and Ciampa returns and sits down next to him to end the show.

Figured Gargano and especially Ciampa wouldn't be around by the end, but wasn't expecting one to bounce the other in the opening round.  Seems like a good move though in taking one out of the running while still protecting them and continuing to play up their fragile team/likely future singles feud dynamic.

As long as he's healthy I thought this event would mean big things for Rich Swann, and the crowd doesn't seem to have done anything to hurt that.

I was lucky enough to win free tickets to the CWC taping on my honeymoon and good God was Swann over.  He has a new(ish) song that the crowd was singing.  His reaction was up there with Ibushi as best of the night.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic