DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] CWC 1st Round - EPISODE ONE

RIPPA

PER PWI

EPISODE ONE - CWC ROUND ONE:

*Gran Metallik pinned Alejander Saez with a Michinoku Driver.  The match was announced with a 20 minute time limit.  Charles Robinson was the referee.  Good match.  Metallik aka CMLL star Mascara Dorado looked good.

*Ho Ho Lun defeated Ariya Daivari with a German suplex.  Daivari looked good.  Lun looked OK.

*Cedric Alexander defeated Clement Petiot with Lumbar Check. Petiot got in a lot more offense than I expected.   They are doing official decisions similar to UFC and boxing with both men in the center of the ring with the referee.

*Brian Kendrick defeated Raul Mendoza by submission. Mendoza looked really good. At one point, he nailed a Coast to Coast but Kendrick got foot on rope to save match

PER WON

- Gran Metalik (the former Mascara Dorada) beat Alejandro Saez via Falcon Arrow. Metalik looked like a star in this one.

- Ho Ho Lun beat Daivari via bridging suplex

- Cedric Alexander beat Clement Petiot via sideways lungblower

- The Brian Kendrick beat Raul Mendoza via crossface submission. Great showing by Mendoza who hit a coast to coast dropkick to the tree of woe for a great nearfall

I'd be really curious to know when the guys found out they were jobbing in the 1st round.  Like did they know they were cannon fodder ahead of time, or did the poor dude show up from Brazil, cut 30 pounds, thinking I GOTTA CHANCE, only to find out the day of the show that he's jobbing to Gran Metalik in the first match?

I have to think some of them knew early on - especially when checking availability of dates.

Because say a guy was only available for this taping - then they could use him just for that one match and not make him hold all the other dates

Now it isn't a huge deal if they end up doing extra matches - like tags and stuff because then the guys will still get time on TV

One would have to figure that will be in the cards to fill out the later shows once the field narrows.  I would think though its more likely for the guys that go out in the second round as they will have more of a chance to get a groundswell behind them.  It seems like they pretty much booked the 'names' into the second round and cleared out some of the people no one would know.

• RIPPA locked this topic