DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers 6/23/16

Casey

Mauro Ranallo and Byron Saxton are handling commentary.

Seth Rollins came out to open the show with a promo. Sami Zayn comes out and WWE World Heavyweight champion Dean Ambrose appears to have an impromptu Ambose Asylum. Seth vs. Zayn is set for the main event.

Cesaro defeated Alberto Del Rio.

Sheamus defeated Apollo Crews via countout.

The Usos confront The Club backstage.

AJ Styles pinned Jimmy Uso. The Club got involved but did not factor into the finish.

WWE Tag Team champions The New Day defeated The Vaudevillains. Bray Wyatt appeared after the match on the Titantron for a promo.

Dana Brooke pinned Becky Lynch after rolling her up after help from Charlotte. Sasha Banks confronted Charlotte and nailed Dana Brooke with a Bank Statement.

Seth Rollins pinned Sami Zayn with the Pedigree. Dean Ambrose was on commentary. The graphic for Battleground still lists Roman Reigns. “Where is Roman?” chants live. Good match. Seth attacks Dean to close show.

From PWInsider:

* Nothing to acknowledge the Roman Reigns suspension.

* Graphics for the three-way at Battleground are displayed.

* Mauro Ranallo and Byron Saxton are handling commentary.

* Seth Rollins came out to open the show with a promo. Sami Zayn comes out and WWE World Heavyweight champion Dean Ambrose appears to have an impromptu Ambose Asylum. Seth vs. Zayn is set for the main event.

* Cesaro defeated Alberto Del Rio.

* Sheamus defeated Apollo Crews via countout.

* The Usos confront The Club backstage.

* AJ Styles pinned Jimmy Uso. The Club got involved but did not factor into the finish.

* WWE Tag Team champions The New Day defeated The Vaudevillains. Bray Wyatt appeared after the match on the Titantron for a promo.

* Dana Brooke pinned Becky Lynch after rolling her up after help from Charlotte. Sasha Banks confronted Charlotte and nailed Lynch with a Bank Statement.

*Seth Rollins pinned Sami Zayn with the Pedigree. Dean Ambrose was on commentary. The graphic for Battleground still lists Roman Reigns. “Where is Roman?” chants live. Good match. Seth attacks Dean to close show.

2 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

* Dana Brooke pinned Becky Lynch after rolling her up after help from Charlotte. Sasha Banks confronted Charlotte and nailed Lynch with a Bank Statement.

Damn, Becky! They won't let my girl live lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

I wonder if all these people turning on Becky is leading to Bayley finally coming to the main roster as the one person Becky can count on to not turn on her?

This scenario is too obvious, so it leads me to believe it won't happen, although it should. 

I guess Del Rio was okay after that nasty fall Sunday after all. I don't wish an injury on anybody, but I can't say I wasn't looking forward to his absence. At least putting over Cesaro is a good use of him and should be a good match.

Best part of the show is probably Ambrose showing up and setting up Ambrose Asylum while Rollins complains about it, then before counting it down Ambrose asks if he'd like a water and Rollins goes "I am a little parched...wait..."

It was indeed Brooke who took the Bank Statement.

New Day beat Vaudevillains rather easily but the pre-taped Wyatt promo kinda fell flat because everyone knew they weren't there and New Day had to stand there looking trembly after mocking the Wyatts on Monday and not being able to interact with them.

Styles-Uso was good.  It was weird how the Usos randomly showed up and confronted the Club after not being on TV for weeks.

Zayn-Rollins was decent but the ending was crap as Zayn hit Rollins with a dive, beat up Rolins on the floor, Rollins rolls into the ring and just hooks Zayn as he walks in into the pedigree and beats him.  It made no sense as there was no transition and it's not like Rollins has been portrayed  as some super strongman where you can't power out of the pedigree once he locks his hands.  It was like Sami Zayn in control, rolls into the ring and gets pedigreed, not even a punch or kick thrown to take advantage.  Really really weird.

The Renallo/Saxton/Otunga broadcast team was a little awkward.  There was a point in the main event where Saxton said some obviously scripted question, then Otung said the EXACT SAME question and Saxton said "I just said that" to laughter from the him and Renallo followed by Otunga saying "Well...what about it?" I can't believe they didn't edit around this.

On 6/22/2016 at 9:58 AM, Vader does my taxes! said:

It's going to lead to Bayley teaming with Becky, turning on her, and joining the Wyatts.

And then the Undertaker squashing them all next year at Mania

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 0:02 PM, The Nature Boy said:

Becky needs to just casually reveal that she has been taking career advice from Sting.

Well, considering she'll probably team with Sasha at some point to take on Charlotte and Dana....

Trusting Sasha can't possibly turn out poorly down the road.

SMACKDOWN 6/23/16

- Ambrose was pretty funny. Meanwhile, where is the damn thermos, Otunga?!

- Hey Tiny Lister is doing beef jerky commercials. Glad to see he landed soft after that prison stint. Looks like he's getting up there and sure enough he's 57.

- Dig Cesaro busting out the tilt-a-whirl against a luchador and Del Rio stealing the hanging armbar from the Minoru Suzuki playbook, which I'm sure he's used but I haven't seen in forever. According to Mauro the Backstabber is "deleterious". The finish is really crafty and sudden. Him and Del Rio seem to have some chemistry, but then again I don't think Cesaro is capable of having a bad singles match either.

- Crews/Sheamus might be the best use of Sheamus. It's certainly Vince booking that as his preferred hoss match pairoff. The rolling Finlay slam on the floor was just brutal. 

- "Sports Entertainment Handshake"... nope, no sucker punch. Speaking of someone who can't have a bad singles -- AJ. 

- Damn that Booty-Os merch is selling. New Day isn't breaking up anytime soon. Tag match was short but sweet. I still think that a 6-Man Title would be good since Luke's out and Bray's back, we've got the Club, and we've got New Day. At least it'd be like a consolation prize for the Wyatts and especially Bray for being a glorified JTTS. 

- Women's match was all of a minute long but at least Sasha's back. Loved her snapping right into the Banks Statement and smiling at Charlotte, then Charlotte's petrified look afterwards while clutching the belt. 

- Rollins has a surprising amount of crowd support. Ambrose apparently has been doing meth bumps off the belt according to his self-proclaimed sleep schedule -- I wonder what kind of weird photos he took with the belt and random tweakers for free gear. Mauro: "TOPE CON GIRO!" Ambrose: "What did he just say?" Match was alright but that end was pretty immediate. Sami's back to his feud I guess. 

Well that was perfectly fine but it took my attention off from watching King of the Road