DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns Suspended 30 Days

Pete

I don't know why everybody thinks this is the end of the Roman Reigns push when we've seen that multiple incidents haven't affected Randy Orton's push. They're going to push who they want. I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead with the triple threat with Reigns not being on tv for the entire build only for him to return at Battleground and win back the WWE Title

I think the assumption is that it's a "last straw" deal, in that the bigger issues were declining ratings and attendances and the fact that your top babyface getting booed is only something the WWE will ignore if you shift a ton of merch.

Both Meltzer and Alvarez think the most likely scenario is that the WWE will go "Yes he is suspended but since he contractually won the right to be in the 3 way Main Event he will still wrestle at Battleground"

52 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I don't know why everybody thinks this is the end of the Roman Reigns push when we've seen that multiple incidents haven't affected Randy Orton's push. They're going to push who they want. I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead with the triple threat with Reigns not being on tv for the entire build only for him to return at Battleground and win back the WWE Title

Mostly because of how it went down.  Usually, when a top guy, like Orton, gets popped, they write him off TV then quietly drop the Suspension on the website and he's already written out.

For Roman, he was pinned 100% clean as a sheet, no shennangans, no visual pins, no ref bumps, absolutely clean.  He then up and disappeared while his buddy cashed in and won.  Then he still went and ended up getting into the main of the next PPV, but got hit with the suspension, causing him to miss the Draft, and just be back in time for the PPV, but not be there for any of the build.  He wasn't written out, it's going to be on TV that he's suspended.  They don't generally do that for top guys.

I'd like to imagine Seth being told Sunday he was going over Roman clean (before he was told about Dean) and immediately thinking "really?  I wonder what Roman did?" 

But I know that Seth's mind is essentially that of Jonah Ryan from VEEP so his only thought was "IT"S ABOUT FUCKING TIME THEY FIGURED OUT WHO THE BG DICK ON THE BLOCK NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!!! wait, you had something else to tell me about the finish?"

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I'd like to imagine Seth being told Sunday he was going over Roman clean (before he was told about Dean) and immediately thinking "really?  I wonder what Roman did?" 

But I know that Seth's mind is essentially that of Jonah Ryan from VEEP so his only thought was "IT"S ABOUT FUCKING TIME THEY FIGURED OUT WHO THE BG DICK ON THE BLOCK NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!!! wait, you had something else to tell me about the finish?"

We've seen the pictures.  He's the medium dick on the block, at best.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

For Roman, he was pinned 100% clean as a sheet, no shennangans, no visual pins, no ref bumps, absolutely clean.

There was a ref bump and (short) visual pin.

58 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

He wasn't written out, it's going to be on TV that he's suspended.

Remains to be seen, doesn't it?

• Like 1

The best thing about all of this is at least Dean Ambrose gets one month as champion. Most of us were fearing he would lose it last night. I can't imagine Vince being stubborn enough to put the belt back on Roman when he comes back, but he at the point in his life where he doesn't care and he loves to spite everyone so I could totally see Roman winning the triple threat.

I just want to know what he got popped for. Watch it be something really dumb.

2 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Stole this:

He's not a bad guy

He's not a good guy

But he knows a guy.

FUCK!

I just found out about this and I was going to make this joke (which I'm still going to make, I guess):

I'm not a good guy
I'm not a bad guy
I'm so fuckin' high

16 hours ago, just drew said:

This better have a segment where Ambrose has an intervention for Reigns, but then midway through he loses interest and takes Reigns and a random WWE legend in attendance (idk, Jim Duggan) out to get hammered. Then they call an uber and Bob Holly pulls up in the old WWE stock car....

Go full tilt, I say.  Have Ambrose and Rollins put aside their differences to get back together to save their lost brother, only for Reigns to show up at the intervention singing "I'm not sick, but I'm not well.  And I'm hot because I'm in hell." 

He'll start hanging out in the nosebleed sections at arenas and book bum fights.  Winner gets a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 and a free grab into the unsold WWE merchandise box.

• Like 1