DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns Suspended 30 Days

Pete

They'd never pop face-of-the-company Cena for PEDs and that dude clearly eats them for breakfast, so what I take from this is that Reigns ain't the future face of the company anymore, at least for now.

Which, you know, means that there's a fresh spot for that mega Big E push I've been waiting for since he won the NXT Championship. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Lending more credence to the argument for rehiring Chris Hero.

They can make him the new Roman Reigns, like when they made Von Erich the new Ultimate Warrior. Besides, the flak jacket will cover up him up since he's, ya know...

• Like 2

Just when I was really coming around on Roman. You just know they're not as sweet on him as they were because, as has been said already, face of the company doesn't get popped. 

ORRRR

This is all part of the plan. "Look guys, he's not our handpicked guy anymore, see??!!"

wheres jesse Ventura when you need him?

6 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

They'd never pop face-of-the-company Cena for PEDs and that dude clearly eats them for breakfast, so what I take from this is that Reigns ain't the future face of the company anymore, at least for now.

That was my read on it, too.  They wouldn't suspend him unless the bloom was off the rose and the push was over.  I haven't heard the podcast yet but apparently Meltzer said the B-shows with Ambrose on top were drawing the same or better than the A shows with Reigns, so money talks.

• Like 1

Oh yeah - the house shows with Reigns have been terrible.

I mean all the shows without Cena have been terrible - but they really dropped with Reigns as champ.

1 minute ago, Cristobal said:

Roman Reigns getting slapped with a Wellness Violation completely defies my understanding of how WWE works.

I said it in the Roman thread, but I think it's Vince's way of saving face with a Roman de-push/eventual repackaging.

5 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I said it in the Roman thread, but I think it's Vince's way of saving face with a Roman de-push/eventual repackaging.

Pretty much agree with this unless Roman is just a stupid idiot and failed a test that someone at his level should never fail.

Remember he technically could have gotten a failure for something like delaying in providing a sample or faking a sample (kinda like Afa Jr did)

Heck - the Samoans have a tradition of odd violations. Umaga got popped for refusing to go to rehab

Also while real weed is just a fine - fake pot is a suspension (ie: Darren Young and Evan Bourne) so it could be that too

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Request for Dumpster Fire to be added to the title

Hell, a sub forum would do nicely with all the dumpster fires we have now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Also while real weed is just a fine - fake pot is a suspension (ie: Darren Young and Evan Bourne) so it could be that too

Fake pot is also dangerous as hell, so I'm fine with that being a suspension. 

Also, I guess we now know why:  1) he dropped the title on Sunday - when all indicators said he wasn't losing before SS, and 2) why he basically told fans to fuck themselves with their chant on Monday.