DVDVR Message Board

Roman Reigns Suspended 30 Days

Pete

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy. Reigns issued a statement on Twitter regarding his suspension: 

“I apologize to my family, friends and fans for my mistake in violating WWE’s wellness policy,” Reigns tweeted. "No excuses. I own it."

http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended

The next WWE PPV is 34 days away.

So they got Roman Reigns on a Wellness Policy test....guess they will punish anyone who gets caught. Thankfully Battleground is in 34 days. So at least we know who's getting pinned in the match.

Assuming Reigns is in the doghouse for a few months. WWE's main event picture is so stale on the heel side since the only main event heel they have is AJ Styles.

4 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So they got Roman Reigns on a Wellness Policy test....guess they will punish anyone who gets caught. Thankfully Battleground is in 34 days. So at least we know who's getting pinned in the match.

To be fair - they have really been good the last few years of immediately suspended guys and announcing them.

The issue seems to be more WHO is getting tested.

I'd imagine he got popped for a PED.  They just fine you if it was weed.

I can't see how they could keep him in the match if he's suspended.  He can't be there to promote the match and Vince likes to set examples for these sort of things.

I guess that's one way for Vince to save some face while de-pushing Roman.

I could still see the triple threat happening at Summer Slam (Ambrose/Rollins non-finish at Battleground after Roman interferes), but I'd be surprised if anyone besides Rollins walks out with the belt now.