DVDVR Message Board

JERRY LAWLER SOON TO BE GARBAGE FIRE THREAD

God I hope this is the end of Lawler. Has WWE ever employed anyone for so long who was so bad at their job? He was terrible in 1996, terrible in 2006, and terrible in 2016. Plus his constant stream of racist and sexist comments (whether they're "in character" or not) make him sound like a really shitty person, and this story does nothing to contradict that notion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

Can't believe any of you guys think this will cost Lawler some work on the indies. They're the indies, they ooze sleaze by definition. Hell, he's probably made at least two bookings while in jail.

If he can break out, I'm sure he can become the Southern Heavyweight Champion at some high school gym tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Congrats to all of you amateur detectives and lawyers here for convicting Lawler before seeing any photos, and before any evidence at all was shown about this incident. 

Remind me again why we have a legal system anymore, when we can just judge people now based on twitter feedback and blog comments.

You all deserve a pat on the back for such fine work convicting him in the court of public opinion.

"When authorities arrived, they were unable to discern who was actually the responsible party and chose to arrest both Lawler and his fiancée."

Even in the middle of a dumpster fire he knows how to work a perfect heel/referee spot.

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

Congrats to all of you amateur detectives and lawyers here for convicting Lawler before seeing any photos, and before any evidence at all was shown about this incident. 

Remind me again why we have a legal system anymore, when we can just judge people now based on twitter feedback and blog comments.

You all deserve a pat on the back for such fine work convicting him in the court of public opinion.

Who exactly "convicted" him in this thread?

The majority has been "He is done with the WWE" which is a valid conclusion as the WWE clearly has let people go for less (and without any conviction of guilt)

Heck - some folks think he will be back on air next week.

But yup - we are the problem here

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

Detective Barry Horowitz would have been such a great gimmick. Picture him in the Columbo Jacket but with a big handprint on the back.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"When authorities arrived, they were unable to discern who was actually the responsible party and chose to arrest both Lawler and his fiancée."

"The crowd that had gathered around the incident was able to point out that Lawler had first hid the chain in his mouth, and then his boot, and then down his trunks, but the authorities remained befuddled." 

• Like 20

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Who exactly "convicted" him in this thread?

The majority has been "He is done with the WWE" which is a valid conclusion as the WWE clearly has let people go for less (and without any conviction of guilt)

Heck - some folks think he will be back on air next week.

But yup - we are the problem here

I probably fall in the second camp. I have a feeling that the charges will be dropped, this will be forgotten about, and he'll be back on tv in some capacity within the next month.

• Like 2

I don't know why everyone here thinks Lawler dating younger women is the real crime. As long as it's legal (I know, I know), shouldn't a person be allowed to date whomever they want without people jumping all over them for it? Isn't the opposite position anti-progressive?

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I probably fall in the second camp. I have a feeling that the charges will be dropped, this will be forgotten about, and he'll be back on tv in some capacity within the next month.

The fact that he lasted this long tells you where he stands in the eyes of everyone at the top of the WWE.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't know why everyone here thinks Lawler dating younger women is the real crime. As long as it's legal (I know, I know), shouldn't a person be allowed to date whomever they want without people jumping all over them for it? Isn't the opposite position anti-progressive?

There is this thing called age appropriate.  People that have problems with this concept are generally the ones who have problems with boundaries.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

God I hope this is the end of Lawler. Has WWE ever employed anyone for so long who was so bad at their job?

DURR HURR CENA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

God I hope this is the end of Lawler. Has WWE ever employed anyone for so long who was so bad at their job? 

stephanie-mcmahon.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

God I hope this is the end of Lawler. Has WWE ever employed anyone for so long who was so bad at their job? He was terrible in 1996, terrible in 2006, and terrible in 2016. Plus his constant stream of racist and sexist comments (whether they're "in character" or not) make him sound like a really shitty person, and this story does nothing to contradict that notion.

I thought he was okay in the late 1990's, he was no Bobby Heenan, but who is? Once hat puppies shit really started around the attitude era, is when he decended into the shit for me. . . .