DVDVR Message Board

JERRY LAWLER SOON TO BE GARBAGE FIRE THREAD

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

No mention of "The King" anywhere in the article. Looks like his throne was forcibly abdicated...

If by "no mention" you mean only a GIGANTIC picture of him with a crown right at the top of the page, then sure.

19 minutes ago, CSC said:

If by "no mention" you mean only a GIGANTIC picture of him with a crown right at the top of the page, then sure.

I was talking about the text of the article. He's just "Jerry Lawler" now.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

It tells you nothing. For fucks sake, Adam Rose was suspended indefinitely at first too. He was later released.

To be fair, Rose was going to be released anyways. 

In all the articles just referring to his girlfriend by her last name, I end up picturing Lawler having a domestic dispute with Kenny Fuckin' Powers, which is way less sad and way more hysterical than the actual situation, which is just the pits. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Jerry is probably pleading with her because his career is on the line.  The two will line up their stories, charges dismissed, Lawler is back on Raw.

Considering he hasn't been on RAW in months - I don't think he is getting a promotion out of this deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Jerry's been dating women much younger than his Christopher for awhile now,  I'm sure his son is used to it.

Now this is coming from Jamie Dundee so take it with a grain  of salt. But supposedly when Lawler married Stacy he wanted Brian to call her stepmom. Brian's reply was "I ain't calling that whore anything but whore."

Met Jerry and his current fiance last Labor Day weekend. Lawler was nice as fuck and spent time after the show just hanging out and stuff,he saw my Punisher hat and bookbag and talked comics with me. He was in the middle of telling me how good the new Superman story was when his lady walked up with what appeared to be a 15 or 16 year old teenage girl. "Yeah Jerry got them to keep the buffet open late for us. Then afterwards up to our room for dessert."After she said that Lawler stopped talking gave her a nasty look then said "Well guys gotta go eat the ladies are hungry. Have a safe trip home."Then him,his fiance and the teen wandered off.

I love how the zero tolerance policy for domestic abuse doesn't apply to Stone Cold.

• Like 1

Carny to the bitter end.

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Jerry's been dating women much younger than his Christopher for awhile now,  I'm sure his son is used to it.

That doesn't mean that Brian has to like it.  That shit would drive me nuts.

• Like 1

If he said she got into it with other family members, then it'd be wise for him to gather them to support that claim.  If there's people in his and her family that can back that up then she'd need to go to rehab.  If there's little to no truth to that, boy will he be in trouble.

Lawler is a text book example of "shallow man who is afraid of aging." Coloring his hair, the face lift(s), dating women young enough to be his kids, all of it.

At least he had good punches.

• Like 2

He's dating women young enough to be grandkids at this point. Barf.

Vanity or not, what the fuck do they have to talk about? I'm 41 and tried dating a 27-year-old and wanted to claw my fucking eyes out while trying to make conversation that wasn't boring me to goddamn tears.

• Like 2

his lady walked up with what appeared to be a 15 or 16 year old teenage girl. "Yeah Jerry got them to keep the buffet open late for us. Then afterwards up to our room for dessert."

The epitome of class. Yeah, Jerry got what he was looking for alright, both of them are dumpster fires.

• Like 1

Not to play "Blame the victim" or anything but if there's any truth to what Lawler is saying, his charges will likely disappear pretty soon.  I mean, first off, whose recollections are the cops going to believe: an intoxicated party, or one who never drinks?  Secondly, his defence of himself paints himself as almost saintly: that he never struck her but merely was preventing her from driving drunk.  It's a pretty brilliant defence, true or not.

I do think this is it for Lawler as a commentator.  If it goes to trial, it'll keep him off TV long enough to move someone in his role as commentator.  If he's ultimately exonerated, I think he'll get something like the Booker T treatment.  Do some pre-shows, do some appearances etc. etc.

Now, if you're the girlfriend's attorney, you need to comb through Raws to find the fairly recent (Some time in the last 2 years or so) episode where Lawler makes the "joke" of "I'm going to write a country song called "She Broke My Heart So I Broke Her Jaw".

1 hour ago, Ramsey said:

Lawler is a text book example of "shallow man who is afraid of aging." Coloring his hair, the face lift(s), dating women young enough to be his kids, all of it.

At least he had good punches.

"That's what she said!"