DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money in the Bank 2016

The Natural

Man, I don't think there's any selling there, at least in the traditional sense. There's no way that didn't hurt like hell and didn't continue to hurt like hell.

• Like 1

As much as I've been on the anti-Jericho bandwagon lately, I love it any time he and Owens interact.  During their backstage bit last night, when Owens kept calling Tom Phillips "Todd", Jericho quietly corrected him with "His name is Tim." and it seemed to fly under the radar.

The visual pin is the new distraction rollup.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Could we keep Sami and KO away from ladders for awhile? Each time they've been in a match with a ladder, Sami damn near kills KO. First the half-nelson suplex onto the ladder at Wrestlemania, and then the Michinoku Driver onto the edge of the ladder last night.

Wouldnt recommend you watch their ROH and PWG ladder matches.

The mania and MitB bits I've seen have been quite tame in comparison.

• Like 4

So is this Roman Reign's first clean loss since taking the pinfall in the Shield v Wyatts match at Elimination Chamber 2014? It's certainly the first clean pinfall loss in his singles career, but I'm wondering if I'm forgetting any others from his tag team days.

9 minutes ago, brandonr4s said:

I'm assuming a Shield triple threat at Summerslam?

They can work toward that.  But they can also say Reigns lost his rematch by virtue of Rollins losing the belt, if they wanted to go that route.

I wonder if the barricade head crash will play a role.  They seemed to be selling Reigns not being able to continue as he stumbled around, with the ref getting bumped before he got the word from the doctors.

Yeah I think the whole barricade/doctor thing is gonna lead to shenanigans tonight to 1) set-up the Shield three way and 2) to set up splitting the belt for the brand extension, (and 3) make roman even more unlikable when he fucks over his good friend Dean by going along with things instead of saying of for you dean and feuding with Seth some more)

I'm disappointed that I'm not going to get weeks or months of Kevin Owens or Chris Jericho smugly carrying the MITB briefcase, but it will also be nice to have a whole year where it's not a top storyline consideration.

I really enjoyed the structure and pacing of the show.  It felt different than other WWE PPV, more like a takeover or something.  Just felt like less filler.

Why does everyone want the Bullet Club to be the Bullet Club but not do Bullet Club stuff?

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Nice to see SOMEONE was planning a celebration for Ambrose's big win, and decided to live tweet it.

Well, Dean tried to live tweet it, but it involved notes and live birds and super glue and... well let's just never speak of it again. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

So is this Roman Reign's first clean loss since taking the pinfall in the Shield v Wyatts match at Elimination Chamber 2014? It's certainly the first clean pinfall loss in his singles career, but I'm wondering if I'm forgetting any others from his tag team days.

I am assuming you aren't counting Sheamus' MITB cash-in

Technically Sheamus pinned him in the first fall of their 2 out of 3 falls match at Survivor Series

Okay, I'm sorry about this, but I need to know I'm not the only one who sees this.  That Battleground ad with the flags...

At 0:18, I know Cena's flag says "U (C crossed out) ME", but we see it in reverse with the E obscured and it looks like it says C-U-M.  Right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I said this on Twitter last night - but I think WWE themed flags would be a license to print money

A friend of mine asked, "I wonder if they get to keep their flag."  I would hope so.