DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/5/16

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing July 5, 2016 from Orlando, FL

*Mike Bennett comes to the ring and wants to cash in his X Division Title for a shot at the world title tonight. Bennett says he wants to be the hero that TNA needs. Dixie Carter interrupts back from her one week hiatus and tells Bennett that he has disrespected the X Division and the title. Dixie tells Bennett that he can cash in tonight, but first he must defend the X Division Championship in an Ultimate X Match against the entire X Division..

*Eddie Edwards def. Mike Bennett, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Mandrews, Braxton Sutter, & Rockstar Spud in an Ultimate X match to win the X Division Championship.

*James Storm def. Eli Drake via DQ when Drake used a weapon.

*Jade def. Marti Bell in a street fight

*Mike Bennett and Maria return to the ring, saying a crime has occurred tonight and the crowd doesn't appreciate Bennett. Bennett says he is better than everyone in TNA so they should be begging him to stay. Maria calls out Dixie Carter, saying she's afraid. Billy Corgan comes out. Maria tells him that she deserves to be President of TNA. Maria tells Corgan that either Dixie goes or Maria goes. Dixie comes out and says she's calling Maria's bluff because she's not leaving. Bennett demands to be put in the world title match at Destination X and if not, they will walk out on TNA. Corgan says they are acting like spoiled children. Corgan says Bennett had what he wanted but he blew it by losing the X title. Corgan tells them that they will not take advantage of the company so if they don't like it they can leave. Bennett then declares they won't quit but he will ruin Destination X next week.

*The BroMans come out and reveal video footage from Jessie's Big Brother After Dark hidden cameras of Bram and Rosemary kissing, exposing their relationship .

*The BroMans & Raquel def. Decay in a six person tag team match.

*Destination X will be next week on a live Impact July 12. In-ring promo hyping the main event which will be Eddie Edwards vs Lashley, however it will not be Edwards cashing in and vacating the X title but a Champion vs. Champion match with both titles on the line.

*Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy: The Final Battle at their home for the rights to the Hardy name will air here.

• 3 weeks later...

Solid little show outside of the epic Hardy saga. Really dug the Lashley/Edwards promo, Edwards was bringing some fire on the mic. Has me looking forward to seeing their match next week, good job making a Champion vs Champion match seem like a big deal. Decent shorter matches elsewhere, liked Eli/Storm as a good way to continue their feud.

Too much Miracle

Sucks that Spud had his teeth knocked out

Man it is irritating that the booked Bram in romantic angles considering his... checkered past

Courtney Rush was light years better than anyone else in that 6-man. Raquel/Gabi needs to not be having TV matches for like at least another year.

Appreciate the ladies actually dressing for a street fight

Pope is the motherfucking worst

• Like 1

Ultimate X was a fun spotfest, but part of me was fixing to hate it thinking Bennett would win.  But it's nice to see Edwards with the belt and it actually leading to somewhere interesting.  The rest of the show ranged from decent to pretty good, but it's too bad it'll be overshadowed by the Hardy match.

• Like 1

I gave this show a chance because of the Final Deletion hype on Twitter.

No thanks. The commentary team is the worst I've heard since Bischoff and Schiavone shared a booth. 

I still hate Mike Bennett, and Maria channeling Ric Flair was very much not good.

The Ultimate X match was fun enough, and I didn't hate the street fight, but the rest was just super generic.

And the main event...God if that's the future of wrestling, I'll be saving a lot of money in the future. It was basically a backyard match directed by Michael Bay. And fuck those skits leading up to it too.

That the best episode of Ippy and Bippy ever! Final Deletion made this show as a whole tolerable. TNA should fire their creative staff and just use the Hardys - they will at least ensure a fun show. Belts already mean jack-shit anyway except for the World Title, so just do whatever - turn it into DDT for half the show and have fun.

http://insidepulse.com/2016/07/05/tna-impact-wrestling-results-7516-jeff-hardy-vs-matt-hardy-in-final-deletion-and-ultimate-x-for-x-title/

Screens -

9ee230493566134.jpg

bbff36493566149.jpg

2d29f6493566181.jpg

e4bd66493572455.jpg

f6432a493572520.jpg

5ca492493572533.jpg

eb6c7b493572605.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gewenbue4vdfi4srbenaetbcn7ikctes

• Like 2

I know that TNA belts are Western States Heritage level on the totem pole of wrestling titles all in all, but I would like to see Rosemary have a run as Knockouts Champ this year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Appreciate the ladies actually dressing for a street fight

Pope is the motherfucking worst

I laughed out loud at Josh going "I notice in street fights... a lot of people wear DENIM!.. They wear jeans."  and then asking Pope if there was any sort of logic behind that.

58 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I laughed out loud at Josh going "I notice in street fights... a lot of people wear DENIM!.. They wear jeans."  and then asking Pope if there was any sort of logic behind that.

With Pope then basically saying it was because wrestlers were cheap and didn't want to ruin their gear.

• Like 1

-We have a new contender for dumbest weapon to use in a pro wrestling context (No, not fireworks!). it was the nunchuks in the women's streetfight.  You see, Triple H using the sledgehammer has always been dumb because no one would poke someone with a sledgehammer the way Triple H does, one would swing it but you can't swing it because you would kill someone.  So Jade getting the nunchuks, then using them to poke Marti in the throat with the chain, is dumb because she is using the weapon in the least effective way.  If you can't be using said weapon in the way it is intended, leave it out.
-I kind of love Decay.  They have well-defined characters, signature wrestling styles, a decent entrance and pretty decent looks, as far as TNA goes.  I actually go well behind Abyss chasing EC3 for the title, with Rosemary pulling the strings.
-This is my first time seeing James Storm drive the...boozer cruiser/booze cruiser and it's really the saddest thing ever.  I fully expect him to get pulled over for a DUI driving it one night, and it being the saddest end for a guy who could have made a decent go of it being in a Rhyno-type role on NXT.
-There are fewer things in life I hate more than Michael Bennett's theme music.  Had it stuck in my head all morning long.  It is the dirt worst.  The whole concept of Bennett not being an X-Division wrestler trying to win the X-Title for Option C is a good idea on paper, but made Bennett look like the dumbest/worst wrestler ever which is a good idea if you hate Bennett, but a bad one if you're building Bennett up as one of your supposed top guys and devoting that much TV time to him.  It would have been better if Bennett was portrayed as a guy who was in the X-Division for the title, and refused to use X moves (i.e. teasing a dive, only to pose instead; using a ladder instead of the ropes) instead of portraying him as a guy who tries to do flashy moves and falls down and can't climb across a rope. A total and complete failure of execution here.
-Pope, man.  The part where he called her "Ra-kwell" and Matthews quietly says "Raquel" was one of the saddest examples of a guy who seems super-into his job versus a guy who's phoning it in this side of Ranallo/Lawler.
-That split-screen interview with two guys who are "at home" was pretty bad because they were supposed to be reacting to what each other said, but you can tell it was two separate interviews edited together, the way you watch Season 4 of Arrested Development and can just tell that characters are talking to people who are not there (In trying to limit the costs of Season 4, they filmed parts separately so the actors weren't always filmed together)..
-I'm kinda starting to like Eli Drake.  He is an anomaly in TNA in that he is a guy playing a defined character, who knows his role inside and out, doesn't try to overreach and has total confidence in what he's doing.  He's not aping a WWE character, he's a complete and unique creation.
-Oh yeah, the Big Brother After Dark mentions are the worst.  Worse than Enzo/Cass eating Sonic.  Worse than Adam Rose parties with various sponsors.  Worse than Kane freaking out over his movie's release date.  It just sounds so completely unreal, inorganic and awkward.  I don't think, based off the way they're talking about him, that we're very far from a Jesse Godderz mega-push but he is not ready.  That promo he delivered sounded like he had run around the block 6-7 times before doing it.  Dude needs to work on his cardio.
-Final Deletion was something else.  I feel like Matt Hardy gets how silly/over-the-top it is, but that Jeff think it's high art.  "A dilapidated boat" had me laughing like crazy.

• Like 1