DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS RIPPA IS AN IDIOT - June 13, 2016 (all fixed now)

MGFanJay

I thought Ambrose was the worst part of his own talk show. Also I think WWE is going to go the uninspired route and have Del Rio win MITB with Ambrose being the one closest to winning before Del Rio throws him off the ladder so Del Rio can win. I also think Nattie's gonna turn on Becky and we're going to have a Four Horsewomen stable eventually with Charlotte/Dana/Nattie/Sasha.

I've never been a Shield fan.  My general opinion of them as a group is that they were ok-ish.

Even so, I thought the Shield reunion segment would be much better than it was,  Dull and dragged.  I didn't think Dean or Rollins did outstanding mic work or anything, but they were vintage Dusty and Flair compared to Roman.  Didn't really sell the match to me.

Teasing a Dana Brooke/Charlotte breakup angle after three or four weeks is so amazingly WWE, I don't know what to say about it.

• Like 1

Del Rio probably will win MITB because anyone else will get cheered over Roman, while Roman/Del Rio will pretty much give you a dead crowd.

For everyone that complains about nxt crowds and post WM crowds having too much fun and singing along to theme songs; enjoy Roman/Del Rio in front of a crowd of corpses. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Del Rio probably will win MITB because anyone else will get cheered over Roman, while Roman/Del Rio will pretty much give you a dead crowd.

For everyone that complains about nxt crowds and post WM crowds having too much fun and singing along to theme songs; enjoy Roman/Del Rio in front of a crowd of corpses. 

Corpsing?  SEND IN THE MAN!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That would be hilarious if they tried this two years in a row. Pencil in Big Show for MITB 2017.

I think there's two good options for the case this year. Number one is Owens, since he's the ideal MITB-carrying heel. He'll be obnoxious and throw it in everyone's face, but he can also believably cash in any time and is absolutely ready to be a top guy. The second option is Ambrose. You could have Rollins beat Roman, then Ambrose cashes in right after to set up the vaunted Shield triple threat. I know some people here aren't crazy about that match because it's been talked about so much, but I think it would get a lot of heat in real life. And lord knows Roman needs angles he doesn't have to get over by himself.

• Like 2

ADR isn't going to win MITB.  They only went with Sheamus last year because he was the planned winner for the prior year, but got hurt before the PPV.

I really don't know how they'll go with it.  Ambrose and KO seem like logical choices, but I don't know where KO fits in with the main event just yet (not saying he doesn't belong, but there's not a clear opening right now).  That leaves Ambrose.  But honestly, I'm not sure I want to see him with it.  At this point, he's become such a goofball.  I thought Rollins and Reigns were bringing legitimate emotion to the Ambrose Asylum segment, but the guy for which the 'show' is actually named was all derpy.  Probably huffed paint can residue before going live.  Bastard would probably sell the briefcase for a bologna sandwich.  And not even a fried one.

Honestly, fuck a Shield triple threat match.  Fuck it like a trombone. There's no appeal and and the piss and shit I'd have to wade through across the cow pasture I call the internet should Reigns win ain't worth it.  Kill that idea with fire.  If anything, move them out of each other's orbits for the next three years.  Better yet, forever.

• Like 2

I hope Dean wins the case and they move quickly on the cash in.  I would rather see the Shield triple threat main event Summerslam than Wrestlemania.  I just don't think the match will be that good.

I was a little worried about Cesaro's dickishness at the beginning of his segment with Sami, but it all made sense by the end, and he got a little comeuppance from Zayn, who gets the win in the never ending rock-paper-scissors equal booking of the larger IC/MITB picture.

Nothing gets saved anymore.  AJ/Cena is being burned at freaking Money in the Bank when next month is supposed to be their 2nd biggest PPV.

In this day of Network-only PPV's, every PPV has exactly the same importance in their eyes.  Anything to up those subscription numbers.

Imagine a SummerSlam in Brooklyn headlined by 3 matches that actually haven't been run a thousand times of Sheid Triple Threat, AJ/Cena & Brock/whoever.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

ADR isn't going to win MITB.  They only went with Sheamus last year because he was the planned winner for the prior year, but got hurt before the PPV.

Sheamus was the planned winner the year Rollins won? Not sure I believe that.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I really shouldn't try and moderate on my phone

Anyway...

"My good friend Kevin Owens"... no shit, you biter. Seriously, you're hilarious but we only need one funny Canadian on the roster. Preferably a new one. Go back on tour. 

• Like 1

Ziggler was the last MITB winner to get a pop out of the crowd.  The last three winners, Rollins, Sheamus, and Sandow were all wastes of time.  Ideally, you want a winner that builds suspense but who knows.

It would not surprise me if they went with ADR to play to the Mexican audiences and their continued attempts to attract guys.  Is there a Mexican tour coming up in the next few months?

Ambrose needs a reset.  Enzo is doing his bit 100 times better.

• Like 1

Rollins was the worst choice because Brock was not on television.  So he is carrying a briefcase that holds absolutely no meaning because if Brock is not on television there is no risk to cash.

Everyone knew he was going to cash at Wrestlemania.  There was no surprise because nobody wanted Roman to win.

Except the crowd started cheering for Roman during the match. There wasn't the palpable sense of dread you had with this year's Wrestlemania. Lesnar and Roman were putting on a hell of a show. Had Roman won, I think that crowd doesn't react like the crowd at this year's show. 

Rollins was just totally unexpected and was an exciting alternative to Brock or Roman winning.

And then he had his nuts cut off nearly every week until he was injured.

Just now, evilwaldo said:

Rollins was the worst choice because Brock was not on television.  So he is carrying a briefcase that holds absolutely no meaning because if Brock is not on television there is no risk to cash.

Everyone knew he was going to cash at Wrestlemania.  There was no surprise because nobody wanted Roman to win.

Both of these aren't even true. You're telling me every single fan in the stadium knew he was going to cash in? Really? Not even half of them expected that ending. Even on here, you can go back to the thread and see people's reactions to Seth cashing in and how it was a surprise.  As for no one wanting Roman to win, that's also not true. There was more truth to that this year, but at last year's show? 

• Like 1

I just find it hilarious they've spent all this time and sacrificed the streak to build Brock up only to have him put over Mark Hunt. By the time they get to Roman finally beating Brock it won't mean half as much as it would have at Mania 31.

• Like 1