DVDVR Message Board

So...just how old are the DVDR posters?

MADCAP

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

A nursing home?

Barnett, perhaps... Yohe, on the other hand has a decade on me and still runs like ten miles a day. He's a tough old bastard.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:27 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm giving this thread a serious bump, like a Vince McMahon line of coke. I'll be 38 in November, but I've been blessed with good genes, so people usually think I'm in my mid to late 20's.

I am in a similar boat. I am mid 40s. But if I stay clean shaven,cause my beard is now mostly white,I pass for late 20s.

• Like 1

That's until you're under good lighting I assume. ;) Stay in the shadows. I looked up Yohe and he seems fairly active online still. He'll outlive us all and by that I mean like 140.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, Ryan said:

That's until you're under good lighting I assume. ;) Stay in the shadows. I looked up Yohe and he seems fairly active online still. He'll outlive us all and by that I mean like 140.

He'll need those extra seventy years just to finish up his wrestling time-line project and all the bios he keeps threatening to do. I keep telling him to do the Danno O'Mahoney bio so he can make a fortune with our UK distributor hawking it in Eire where Danno is still worshiped like a god.

On 9/6/2013 at 11:28 AM, Control said:

I'm 32 and I teach university kids to read good. And now I'm wondering what I need to start/stop doing so I can avoid having knees like Tabe and Johnny.

So I’m 37 now and I got my PhD three year ago and I mostly teach university kids to write good these days.

knees seem ok thus far.

• Like 1

Reading through this thread had no clue there was a bunch of posters younger than my oldest son,Who is 28 this fall.

I migrated over here when most of the DVDVR guys moved from RSPW to here. Posted for a few years. Then took a break.

BTW turning 44 in about 2 weeks.

• 3 months later...

44 now. Wish my receding hairline would hurry up and join up with my bald spot, so I wouldn't have to shave my head so much. Maybe I should go back to doing neck bridges, grind the follicles to death. Hardly any greys in my beard though.

Whilst I'm not in the best shape of my life, I'm not far off. Weirdly, working out less hard or often hasn't cost me any strength or trashed my physique, but my knees and elbows are a lot less crunchy than they were. And I haven't changed my belt notch since I was 23. Who knew that walking twelve minutes to work, doing eight or nine hours standing up and moving around, and then walking fifteen minutes home keeps you lean (nb: I live up a hill. Buying Milk and Cat Litter on the same shopping trip is a pretty good grip workout).

Never smoked, never did drugs, haven't tasted alcohol in thirty years. Life in the healthy lane.

EDIT: Just reading the old pages from before the thread was bumped. Would quoting Betsy's post (on page 2) make me look like an arsehole?

DOUBLE EDIT: Page 6. Big Fresh and @Brian Fowler are arguing about who will be carrying the board in the future. It's funnier now than it was when it happened.

41. Still have excellent vision (my dad's started to decline around 42-44), still a full head of hair (my friends are all bald or going bald) and despite being about 30-40 pounds overweight I feel pretty good. Can still get up out of a chair without groaning. Of course if I didn't force myself to go to the gym a minimum of 2 days a week I doubt this would be true.  

Amazingly, 5 years after whenever I last posted on this thread, I am 5 years older. Balder, slower, with another kid. I turn 37 today. Nice timing on the bumping here. It's personally annoying to see that I caught up to where some of the geezers were when they posted five years ago.

32, been on and off DVDVR for 14 or so years. I remember that show Teddy Hart tried to put together with Misawa and Ogawa where they got their names mixed together and it got cancelled and he ended up posting his phone number on here and such or something along that line. Crazy...

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

32, been on and off DVDVR for 14 or so years. I remember that show Teddy Hart tried to put together with Misawa and Ogawa where they got their names mixed together and it got cancelled and he ended up posting his phone number on here and such or something along that line. Crazy...

I think you're getting wires crossed.  The show with Misawa and Ogawa was put together by the Maximo's and Evan Karagas, the first flyer had the names reversed, then it was announced they weren't coming, but got Ultimo Dragon instead.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

I think you're getting wires crossed.  The show with Misawa and Ogawa was put together by the Maximo's and Evan Karagas, the first flyer had the names reversed, then it was announced they weren't coming, but got Ultimo Dragon instead.

Ahhh, yeah, that's the one.

Wasn't the guy who sang Errbody in the club gettin' tipsy also supposed to be there or was that a running CZW Fans joke that went over my head?

I know something happened where Teddy Hart posted his phone number though and there was some joke because some kid from Australia or something called him. May have been on CZW Fans. I don't remember the exact details.

5 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Ahhh, yeah, that's the one.

Wasn't the guy who sang Errbody in the club gettin' tipsy also supposed to be there or was that a running CZW Fans joke that went over my head?

I know something happened where Teddy Hart posted his phone number though and there was some joke because some kid from Australia or something called him. May have been on CZW Fans. I don't remember the exact details.

Might've been a joke, although the show did end with R-Truth showing up and rapping at the end of the night.

The only phone hi-jinks that I recall was when Paris Hilton lost her cell and some numbers got posted on the Interntz and I prank-called Fred Durst. In case you're wondering, yes, his refrigerator was indeed running and he was less than gracious about my suggestion that he catch it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AxB said:

Did you warn him about Shaggy 2 Dope's cunning plan to Pearl Harbour him with a Dropkick from the blind side?

No, I just delivered the punchline and got a "Fuck you! Who is this?"  

Who the hell thinks "the electric company" is going to call them on their cell phone? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you ask me...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 10:35 PM, OSJ said:

No, I just delivered the punchline and got a "Fuck you! Who is this?"  

Who the hell thinks "the electric company" is going to call them on their cell phone? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you ask me...

You mean the television show or the utility?

And that joke by itself should be a testament to my age, which is now 42. I don't know how long I've been posting here. It was before the Swedes or whoever it was hacked the shit out of the old board and necessitated a move. I'm not even sure how long ago that was.