DVDVR Message Board

So...just how old are the DVDR posters?

MADCAP

What the hell is Smosh.

They're one of the world's coolest bands, ya old fogey. I much prefer The Smosh to Emo & The Pinterests.

Emo Phillips has a band now?  I'd often wondered whatever happened to him. 

Took him that long to get over losing Judy Tenuta.

I'm 43 with the maturity of a 15 yr old.

I'm 38.  I've got nothing else to add to make this post interesting I guess, but yeah, I'm 38.  So there's that.

Oh, and hell, I don't remember how long I've been lurking here.  Maybe since......I dunno, 97? 98?  I know it was quite a while before I registered, and even then I don't post a lot, but I sure do love the hell out of reading stuff on here.

31 and nobody ever believes me.  I've been almost completely bald since I was sixteen and I've had gray hairs cropping up in my goatee since I was 25.  The only time I've ever really been carded is at a restaurant with my younger family members and the staff carded me along with them out of pity.

I came to the board during the whole sleaze thread brouhaha.  So whenever people talk about the absolute garbage posters that era brought in I just get kinda quiet and slink into the shadows.

• Like 1

Don't feel bad offspring. I came around roughly, about or before that thread (I can't remember exactly when, but I do remember reading it) . I kinda like to say that I wouldn't be considered by our peers as a "garbage poster". So we do have a few surviving good apples out of the rotten bunch .

I always considered myself a wise elder of DVDVR.

Turns out I'm the mouthy asshole punk kid. Shit.

Honestly, from reading your posts, I'd wondered how you had such a historical cultural knowledge of things you were too young to have remembered from when they happened*. But it turns out you're ten years older than I thought you were.

* Like when the Arctic Monkeys started, and they're making lyrical references to songs from 1984 even though they weren't born until after that. So people started writing to the NME letters page and accusing thier high school English teacher of writing lyrics for them.

I always considered myself a wise elder of DVDVR.Turns out I'm the mouthy asshole punk kid. Shit.

Honestly, from reading your posts, I'd wondered how you had such a historical cultural knowledge of things you were too young to have remembered from when they happened*. But it turns out you're ten years older than I thought you were.* Like when the Arctic Monkeys started, and they're making lyrical references to songs from 1984 even though they weren't born until after that. So people started writing to the NME letters page and accusing thier high school English teacher of writing lyrics for them.
Shameful disrespect.

Don't know when I started (things were black and yellow before they were green and yellow, right?), but it was mostly about how much I hated the Lakers and how they were not going to make the playoffs (I'm pretty sure that was the Shaq and Kobe days).

Don't know when I started (things were black and yellow before they were green and yellow, right?), but it was mostly about how much I hated the Lakers and how they were not going to make the playoffs (I'm pretty sure that was the Shaq and Kobe days).

Kurtie?

Kurtie?

Every villian is given three 'come back from the dead' cards to play.

Kurtie?

Every villian is given three 'come back from the dead' cards to play.

Villain? But I'm such a nice guy.