DVDVR Message Board

So...just how old are the DVDR posters?

MADCAP

I'm 28, with the lungs of a coal miner. With the changes in Scottish licensing law a few years ago, I find it more difficult to buy booze now than when I was 15. The balding has begun in earnest though, surely that'll put a stop to the people asking for ID. I get my petty revenge anyway if they wander into my pub. At least they'll maybe remember my face once I've asked them for proof of age.

I'm 33, but have a babyface (moreso now, because I just shaved my goatee on a whim tonight). Plus, I work in a restaurant, so my peer group is between 21-25. Thinking about it, I only have one friend the same age as me, old people are boring.

Turn 39 on Sunday. Apparently most people think I'm still in my 20s, even with the bald head and beard (I usually have; Not right at the mo tho). Straight Edge keeps you young.

• Like 1

I think alot of that is from the "new generation" of posters that came about after the crash.  We do get an influx of new folks from time to time, and they are mostly useless.

To answer the question, I'm 32, but I tell most girls I talk to that I'm 25.

Srs?

And I just turned 26 in July.

I am stunned by how many of you in your 30's are crabbing about being old, acting old, feeling old, etc.

Sure, sometimes, when I think about how I first joined this board in like '99/2000, I feel a little overwhelmed by how long ago that was. But I agree with whoever was quoting Dean that your early twenties are often barely worth remembering. I wouldn't trade 35 for 25 and I am damn sure looking forward to my 40's. 35 to 50 is prime adulthood right there, when we ought to be operating at peak faculty.

I mean, shit, it's not like we're 70. Then again, my Dad is 73 and he runs circles around most men half his age.

Age to me is entirely mental -- the physical signs are a blessing that keep me from overdoing it and treating my body like garbage, which I did from like 15 to 30.

• Like 1