DVDVR Message Board

So...just how old are the DVDR posters?

MADCAP

I know all of the comic book and superhero talk can throw people off, but just look in the Music sub-folder - that's the tell, as far as pinning down an age range goes.

Your stereotypical superhero comics readee would be xloser ro 40 id not more than 20.

I know all of the comic book and superhero talk can throw people off, but just look in the Music sub-folder - that's the tell, as far as pinning down an age range goes.

The Miley thread is somehow the best and worst example of this.

I am 44.  Get offa my lawn you assholes!

The sad truth is that I am also baby-faced so I get carded at your finer eating establishments that serve adult beverages.

My co-workers think I am in my late twenties.  My knowledge of comic books, video games, and other bits of nerd lore does nothing to foster an image of maturity.

The sad truth is that I am also baby-faced so I get carded at your finer eating establishments that serve adult beverages.

My co-workers think I am in my late twenties.  My knowledge of comic books, video games, and other bits of nerd lore does nothing to foster an image of maturity.

I got carded once in a while up until I was about 25 (keep in mind the drinking age is 19 here in Ontario)... and now, no more.

I know guys don't necessarily want to look young, but it is a little depressing to know that you've hit the point where no one would ever possibly confuse you for a minor.

I act relatively young and people generally guess lower when they try to deduce my age, so I guess that's a good sign.  My social circles tend to involve people younger than myself so that can make a person feel old...ah, to be young and responsibility-free.  Miss the days when my biggest worries truly WERE about the pro wrestling.

Black don't crack.  :P

• Like 1

Yes, under optimal conditions, we age considerably well.  ;)

I always keep facial hair because I still get carded for cigarettes to the point where it's freaking annoying. I've knocked over many a counter display due to some 17 year old carding me.  My usual response is, "if you can't discern that I'm over 18 with my visible gray beard hairs, well then you deserve to work where you work".  

28, and I've been here for about 10 years, pre-sleaze anyway. I remember talking to Dean about how at the age of 20, I felt I was wasting my life and being lazy. He told me he remembered next to nothing about being 20, and here I am eight years later, and I can say the same. I still feel like I'm among the youngest people on this board, which is opposite of how I feel on pretty much every other website in the world.

Life's funny and good like that.

Yes, under optimal conditions, we age considerably well.  ;)

I always keep facial hair because I still get carded for cigarettes to the point where it's freaking annoying. I've knocked over many a counter display due to some 17 year old carding me.  My usual response is, "if you can't discern that I'm over 18 with my visible gray beard hairs, well then you deserve to work where you work".  

Having worked in convenience when I was a youth, they're generally required to card you even if you are obviously over the age. When I did it, if they looked at all under 35, we were supposed to do it.

I turned thirty in March. Got married in June. Been a big year.

I've lurked here since 2005?6? I came across this sight googling the Benoit events, sadly. Could never get registration to work. Now I'm here....

• Like 1