DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Spanish Lessons On Ladders

Dolfan in NYC

If Cole or Byron had any ability to say anything but what the script or Vince is saying in there ear it would have been great if one of them in response to JBL freaking about how he saw it already/talk of the back would have been to say something like 'Did you shave Rons back' or 'does that bring back memories of you and Ron.'

• Like 1

I found it refreshing that all three of the MitB challenger matches ended cleanly with each guy's finishers, even if del Rio going over Zayn was stupid. But there was that, Jericho tapping to the Sharpshooter after The Swing, and Ambrose hitting the DDT on Owens.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

vignettes of Backlund and Darren Young vacationing in Puerto Rico with their tour guides Epico and Primo

Fantastic, if true.

Oh and can we get a screen capture of Dana Brooks' blank and vacant stare as she contemplated face words.  Seemed that the camera stayed uncomfortably long on her doing that, before she started shuffling into position for the swerve.

And say what you will, Dana tapping on Nattie's head, screaming "What did you think I was gunna do, HUNH??!?!" was absolutely choice.  Damn, what a great heel pairing she & Charlotte are, even if they did dilute the emasculation of Slick Ric.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I was hoping Teddy Long's return was leading to other GM's of the past coming out to audition over the next few weeks. Vickie Guerrero, Regal, Big Johnny, Eric Bischoff. But then Steph announced herself and that was that. No Mike Adamle or Brad Maddox returns.

I was hoping for the return of Palmer Cannon.

• Like 2

If this Raw had opened with that John Cena/AJ Styles segment, this thread would be like 6 pages long already. 

Also, you just know that Landis wrote that "guys like you bury guys like me" line. I've never been so sure of anything. 

8 hours ago, caley said:

You guys are all missing the real highlight of Raw.  They come back from commercial and show Tyler Breeze shaving Fandango's back, some back and forth, then the screen going dark, coming back with a Shining Stars promo.  Then Breeze and Fandango come out and JBL says "Did I just see Tyler Breeze shaving his partner's back?" followed by a short silence then Michael Cole going "We have a video from earlier today of Breezango" and Saxton saying "Well done, Nostradamus"  then halfway through the video, which everyone has already seen, JBL's mic randomly cuts in with him shouting "See I told you I already saw this!" then cutting out, followed by JBL backpedaling saying "This was all the talk in the lockerroom today...so I felt like I had seen it".

It was the most hilariously awkward, late stage Thunder or TNA Impact-level blunder and it's kind of emblematic of the way WWE produces television where instead of saying "We accidentally showed half of this clip earlier, here's the rest!" instead you get Michael Cole acting like he didn't JUST see the clip and JBL announcing he'd seen it then pretending like he hadn't.  It's okay to make mistakes, sometimes, Vince, just admit it and move on. But the idea of just pretending like it didn't happen is so WWE.  Like how Dana Brooke showed up as Emma's muscle, then just got moved to Charlotte without any real set-up.  I mean, they could have just had Dana run into Charlotte backstage and say "Nice win"  or anything to build it up.  Instead they just pretend like the past two weeks didn't happen as if no one will notice.  

The only thing that made the segment worthwhile was imagining Vince blowing up on the headset.

I'm going to have to rewatch that little bit with Breeze and Fandango again. It did seem random and out of place and I heard JBL say what he said, but I didn't notice the production misfires. Kevin Dunn doesn't give a shit. He knows as long as Vince is there he'll never get fired. So we the viewer will just continue to get declining production values like this.

I only hope when Emma comes back from her back surgery, she comes to reclaim Dana Brooke and Dana is all torn between her and Charlotte.

Also I wish there was a way to listen to the satellite feed of RAW. To hear Vince's live production feed to the announcers. Now there's a SAP function I want.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the deal with the Colons? I saw them wrestle once and now back to selling me on vacationing in Puerto Rico. 

What's the deal with Dana Brooke?

• Like 1

Bullet Club are a total snooze. There's no meat there once the "awesome in Japan" rub ends. They're just a fairly boring tag team led by a guy who is pretty bad on the microphone in AJ. I look forward to Cena going through these guys, as he should, and am not looking forward to people crying about it without realizing they have some severe limitations.

Gotta give credit to whoever laid out the finish to Del Rio/Zayn. It was the best setup for the Warrior's Way ever, particularly the first tease with the step-up enzuigiri. They combined of bunch of moves Del Rio regularly uses to not only make the setup not look awkward and fake, but actually look smooth and logical.

Does anyone else think New Day looks really "small" next to The Club? Not physically, but just in terms of overall presence? When I watch the two groups interact on tv, I don't feel like the Club should be threatened at all, which is odd because ND has been booked way stronger as a unit. The Club just kind of has this natural badass charisma similar to what The Shield or Wyatt Family had in their heydays. Even if I had zero knowledge about WWE booking patterns, I'd assume it was a foregone conclusion Anderson and Gallows are taking the tag titles soon.

4 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Bullet Club are a total snooze. There's no meat there once the "awesome in Japan" rub ends. They're just a fairly boring tag team led by a guy who is pretty bad on the microphone in AJ. I look forward to Cena going through these guys, as he should, and am not looking forward to people crying about it without realizing they have some severe limitations.

8 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Does anyone else think New Day looks really "small" next to The Club? Not physically, but just in terms of overall presence? When I watch the two groups interact on tv, I don't feel like the Club should be threatened at all, which is odd because ND has been booked way stronger as a unit. The Club just kind of has this natural badass charisma similar to what The Shield or Wyatt Family had in their heydays. Even if I had zero knowledge about WWE booking patterns, I'd assume it was a foregone conclusion Anderson and Gallows are taking the tag titles soon.

e6f36c4fa91234f98ca5344a8379acbc.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know that the two posts have that much to do with each other. Cena is Cena... Of course he feels like he belongs in any major angle. The Club does well to carry themselves as a worthy challenge to him. New Day, on the other hand, feel like the guys The Club should destroy especially with AJ involved. Then let the cards fall where they may against Cena.

I think it has as much to do with ND's act not "moving up the card" as well as faces vs. when they were heels as it does with The Club actually having a "shit's about to get real" aura.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

I found it refreshing that all three of the MitB challenger matches ended cleanly with each guy's finishers, even if del Rio going over Zayn was stupid. But there was that, Jericho tapping to the Sharpshooter after The Swing, and Ambrose hitting the DDT on Owens.

Had Cesaro ever actually won a match with the sharpshooter after the swing, other than Superstars/Main Event matches?

I can't remember the last time.

Re: New Day vs. Bullet Club Lite - I think what G2S said is true, in that New Day are the jokey team and they pale in a serious role against bad ass opponents.  However, I was happily impressed how they (Kofi & E) came off after Woods was executed by AJ.  That fire in their offense AND defense was very refreshing.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 11:41 PM, MGFanJay said:

Mother of fuck was this a slog. We got that weird ladder thing where all these sworn enemies are just...sitting on ladders, not doing anything as normal human beings would do. Then we got them comparing Ali to Roman Reigns, a recap of Seth being this super-determined guy who wanted to come back and get his title back while Roman bitched about stuff in his video. The Club sandwich got to beat New Day, and then got the shit kicked out of them - so it was 50/50 booking without a match. Steph got to bury and belittle Teddy Long a bunch - because that's an efficient use of TV time. I guess it's better than her burying Charlotte, whose team with Dana is off to quite a start as they beat up Nattie and Becky and Dana looked awful in every possible way.

I did not watch Raw because none of the matchups particularly intrigued me, but tell me they did not compare Ali to Roman Reigns and this is hyperbole?

New Day were great cowardly, sneaky shit-talking heels who have morphed into really great fiery underdog babyfaces who find a way to win. Xavier's become really good at his role. He's improved so much because he was pretty crappy in NXT and when he first came up but he really found his footing first as a mouthpiece and now as the undersized/underrated heart-and-soul of the team with cool offense. Love that dude.

On 6/7/2016 at 1:44 PM, Greggulator said:

Vince is also nuts if he doesn't push Cass hard. Dude is an awesome fired up beast.

If they were not over as a tag team Vince would have inserted Cass in MITB.  I firmly believe that.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

*AJ's face when Cena says, "Bullet Club." I am dead. vine*

After listening to it a bunch, he says pull it club. And they're junkies for this club. Because they like to pull it. Originally, I couldn't figure out why he'd call them junkies. Like they were heroin addicts who loved their ammo but its because they're addicted to masturbation.

We all pretty much know about how big AJ and the Bullet Club is/was, but it's interesting what super casual fans think about it.  My boss will at most watch Raw and he's been a lifelong fan to various degrees.  He doesn't know much about AJ, yet when Cena said his piece my boss came away thinking AJ's a joke.  I know it's one guy, but I'm really curious what people like him think about this.  It might have been one of those segments aimed at hardcores, yet for casual/super casual fans why should they care about AJ?  He puts on good/great matches in WWE, but got frustrated and has his friends helping him.  We know how good they are, but have they done enough to make casuals care?  I'm not so sure about that.  Sometimes segments like these go over people's heads, and if they go completely down this route it might not be for the best.  I'd rather they work on transitioning away from references to Japan/elsewhere and just focus on the here and now.