DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Spanish Lessons On Ladders

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't really watch much of Raw. Too many other options with the Yankees game and the Stanley Cup finals.

I did catch the segment with The Club and Cena. I was surprised they would use Cena burying guys as the reason why AJ attacked Cena. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Has it been addressed or speculated what may happen when Backlund learns that Young is gay?

vignettes of Backlund and Darren Young vacationing in Puerto Rico with their tour guides Epico and Primo

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Meanwhile. Toro Bill and Rey Apocolipsis were great toniGht in Puebla.

I am not familiar with these two. Tell me more about their match.

Mother of fuck was this a slog. We got that weird ladder thing where all these sworn enemies are just...sitting on ladders, not doing anything as normal human beings would do. Then we got them comparing Ali to Roman Reigns, a recap of Seth being this super-determined guy who wanted to come back and get his title back while Roman bitched about stuff in his video. The Club sandwich got to beat New Day, and then got the shit kicked out of them - so it was 50/50 booking without a match. Steph got to bury and belittle Teddy Long a bunch - because that's an efficient use of TV time. I guess it's better than her burying Charlotte, whose team with Dana is off to quite a start as they beat up Nattie and Becky and Dana looked awful in every possible way.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/06/wwe-raw-6-6-16.html

Screens -

6b7915488048645.jpg

0c951b488048695.jpg

6a67fd488061060.jpg

bf2fee488061087.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/a2br76ib3np4yo90p5kc4d72x8nuvk55

This wasn't a bad show. Some stuff was just there..  but overall I enjoyed it.  The AJ Styles and John Cena work/shoot promo was well done. I can already see certain corners of the internet blowing up over it.

What's the deal with the Colons. I saw them wrestle once and now back to selling me on vacationing in Puerto Rico. 

Enzo was awesome.  What's the deal with Dana Brooke I don't remember her being so smoking hot.

Senile Teddy coming out and trying to make tag matches before getting dragged off by security was pretty good as a one off thing. Don't know why they had to do it twice in one night. Heaven help us if this becomes a recurring bit.

I was hoping Teddy Long's return was leading to other GM's of the past coming out to audition over the next few weeks. Vickie Guerrero, Regal, Big Johnny, Eric Bischoff. But then Steph announced herself and that was that. No Mike Adamle or Brad Maddox returns.

I can't wait for Big Steph to come out during The Ambrose Asylum next week and remind Ambrose that the show is  cancelled and order Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns to the back and remind everyone the RAW IS HER SHOW.

9 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I was hoping Teddy Long's return was leading to other GM's of the past coming out to audition over the next few weeks. Vickie Guerrero, Regal, Big Johnny, Eric Bischoff. But then Steph announced herself and that was that. No Mike Adamle or Brad Maddox returns.

needs Paul Heyman

the charlotte/Dana vs. Becky/Nattie angle was not helped by Becky tripping over Nattie and falling down during their brawl.

Fuck it man, I loved Teddy making a Holla Holla Holla tag match.  I only wish he booked them vs. the Undertaker and Randy Orton.

• Like 1

You guys are all missing the real highlight of Raw.  They come back from commercial and show Tyler Breeze shaving Fandango's back, some back and forth, then the screen going dark, coming back with a Shining Stars promo.  Then Breeze and Fandango come out and JBL says "Did I just see Tyler Breeze shaving his partner's back?" followed by a short silence then Michael Cole going "We have a video from earlier today of Breezango" and Saxton saying "Well done, Nostradamus"  then halfway through the video, which everyone has already seen, JBL's mic randomly cuts in with him shouting "See I told you I already saw this!" then cutting out, followed by JBL backpedaling saying "This was all the talk in the lockerroom today...so I felt like I had seen it".

It was the most hilariously awkward, late stage Thunder or TNA Impact-level blunder and it's kind of emblematic of the way WWE produces television where instead of saying "We accidentally showed half of this clip earlier, here's the rest!" instead you get Michael Cole acting like he didn't JUST see the clip and JBL announcing he'd seen it then pretending like he hadn't.  It's okay to make mistakes, sometimes, Vince, just admit it and move on. But the idea of just pretending like it didn't happen is so WWE.  Like how Dana Brooke showed up as Emma's muscle, then just got moved to Charlotte without any real set-up.  I mean, they could have just had Dana run into Charlotte backstage and say "Nice win"  or anything to build it up.  Instead they just pretend like the past two weeks didn't happen as if no one will notice.  

The only thing that made the segment worthwhile was imagining Vince blowing up on the headset.

The ladders promo was such a hilariously awkward set-up that you just had to imagine some writer coming up with it, thinking it would look cool, and instead it ended up looking so dumb.  And it's silly, because all you had to do was throw all 6 in the ring and let them talk, because what they said was entertaining enough (Jericho was AMAZING."Apple...Appleton), it didn't need the visual of them sitting awkwardly on ladders while talking to each other.

• Like 1

I thought the show was ok. The ladder match build wasn't terribly interesting, but I did enjoy Jericho's stuff. Teddy Long was fun though just a bit overused. I dug the Club vs. New Day/Cena stuff.