DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

This was so great.  I was glued to the screen.  They should run an event from the Hardy compound every 2 months and build to it.  Just let them do whatever the fuck they want.  This was the best wrestling TV show of the year.  Better than anything the WWE has done.  When 2016 started I never thought Matt Hardy would be my favorite wrestler buy the end of the year.....and I never thought I a boat, a lake, a drone and a gardener would bring me so much amusement.  

• Like 2

So, some news out of the recap show:

- Matt has given Jeff back his soul and his intellectual property.

- When discussing what the new baby Hardy will be, if it is a boy, he promises that his sons will not grow up to be spot monkey's like the Bucks of Youth.

- The show ends with the Volcano of Baby Sex Announcements exploding in blue smoke to signify that the baby is a boy.  It appears that Vanguard 1 will be the godparent.

16 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

- When discussing what the new baby Hardy will be, if it is a boy, he promises that his sons will not grow up to be spot monkey's like the Bucks of Youth.

Followed immediately afterwards by Jeff doing the Too Sweet gesture BC does.  Nice touch.

It was a fun recap, Hardy skits were quite humorous.  I like that one half of the Hardys is going to make a new generation of Hardy brothers (assuming they both do wrestling of course)  And Vanguard 1 is a horrible drunk.  As much fun as I had with the Hardy stuff recently it's nice that it's back to title matches to kick off the year.  Curious to see what changes Anthem makes for next year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For those who don't follow the Lucha general thread, the Hardys were also both down in Tijuana on Saturday wrestling for Konnan's new promotion The Crash where they won the vacant tag titles over Juvi and Super Crazy. Apparently the story is that they have been teleporting around the country and the world wrestling places. Yep.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

This may have been posted elsewhere and probably has better camera angles and less goofy repeated clickbait youtube posting video, but Cornette and Matt for a minute or two. I hadn't seen it before at least:

"What broke you mentally?"

The answer is Lita. Definitely Lita,

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

For those who don't follow the Lucha general thread, the Hardys were also both down in Tijuana on Saturday wrestling for Konnan's new promotion The Crash where they won the vacant tag titles over Juvi and Super Crazy. Apparently the story is that they have been teleporting around the country and the world wrestling places. Yep.

Yep, and they're teleporting to Joppa, MD to compete for the MCW tag titles.  I am beyond excited to see them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yep, and they're teleporting to Joppa, MD to compete for the MCW tag titles.  I am beyond excited to see them.

I just posted this in the TNA thread too but they are doing also doing a three way in CWF Mid-Atlantic against Arik Royal/Roy Wilkins Jr and CW Anderson/John Skylar

So already this is the greatest fucking thing ever

• Like 2

I am so on board for them going around against the best teams local companies have to offer.  It's really admirable the way they've taken this strange idea and morphed it into this super successful (and profitable) run.  Good for them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So to resurrect this thread, I just need to say how wondrous the Hardy conquest truly is.  They're not only going to promotions around the world, but in the process highlighting the talent that works there.  It's a creative way for them to give back to the business and I appreciate them doing that.

When I went to MCW I was waiting to get in when come barreling in like conquering Egyptians, and Matt had the gear to show it.  In fact Reby and Maxell had similar outfits which was awesome.  And while Reby had to sit due to being very pregnant it was still awesome getting a picture with Matt, Jeff and Senor Benjamin.  It was also great to personally tell Borash how much I loved his work with the videos.  And due to them for the first time MCW was a legit sellout.  Two of my friends couldn't even stand anywhere, it was as full as full could be.  But they had a super fun match against the Ecktourage (former WWE writer Kevin Eck went heel and manages a team)  It still blows my mind that the whole match will be shown on Impact in two weeks, once they said that the excitement went up 10 levels.  It was also great that my wife and a bunch of friends went for the first time just for the Hardys.  Not only did they love it but they loved MCW and want to come back often.  If this happens in other local feds then that's tremendous.

But anyway, here's my ugly ass with the Hardys.  I was super excited and barely got out my gratitude for their entertainment before it was time to pose.  Damn, there was a lot of people to see them!

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing
  • Like 6

It just dawned on me that when the Hardys were barging in from the building entrance there were cameras filming them.  If there's a chance we're on Impact losing our shit I don't know what I'm going to do.  Just remembering the cameras in that moment is making me us got a bit nuts already.

What would make things all the more insane is if somehow they do a match or two in WWE yet still have free reign elsewhere.  It's pretty impossible, but last year in wrestling was so full of impossible moments I wouldn't rule that out anymore.  But knowing they're going around to various companies highlighting what they're about is pretty mind-blowing in itself.