DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

I do love that in less than 36 hours this has dwarfed the 5-day-old RAW thread in terms of volume of interest and historical significance.

I think the term we are looking for in the discussion of the artistic merits of Matt Hardy is "oustider art": art produced by self-taught artists who are not part of the artistic establishment, such as psychiatric hospital patients and children. While the English term "outsider art" is often applied more broadly, to include certain self-taught or naïve art makers who were never institutionalized, writing about "outsider art" tends to focus on the extremely marginalized, psychotics, mediums, eccentrics, and the under-educated, such artists who derive everything...from their own depths, and not from the conventions of classical or fashionable art.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Joyce Hyser's boobs say thank you and good day, sir.

Joyce Hyser's rack, while impressive, didn't have a run like BILLY MOTHERFUCKIN' ZABKA did (For only like 3 movies, it turns out).

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I do love that in less than 36 hours this has dwarfed the 5-day-old RAW thread in terms of volume of interest and historical significance.

I think the term we are looking for in the discussion of the artistic merits of Matt Hardy is "oustider art": art produced by self-taught artists who are not part of the artistic establishment, such as psychiatric hospital patients and children. While the English term "outsider art" is often applied more broadly, to include certain self-taught or naïve art makers who were never institutionalized, writing about "outsider art" tends to focus on the extremely marginalized, psychotics, mediums, eccentrics, and the under-educated, such artists who derive everything...from their own depths, and not from the conventions of classical or fashionable art.

I thought "Outsider art" was when Scott Hall threw up where he was standing during a long drug & alcohol binge.

• Like 2

It's not so bad it's good. This is something that's so earnest that it's charming despite (or because of?) all of its faults. This is like the pro wrestling version of a Mother's Day macaroni portrait. I just want to tussle the Hardy Boys' hair and go "aw shucks"

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Adult Swim has payed people a lot of money over the years trying to synthesize something like that segment, but yes, it has to come from an earnest, genuine place to really work.

That's one of the better definitions of kitsch I think I've seen: someone doing something very badly or with not tact but in total seriousness and and with sentimentality.

• Like 1

They may be on to something here - this is the most TNA's been talked about in ages, and at this point, what do they have to lose? It's not like the Crazy Hardys Federation is gonna do worse than TNA already has.

Or maybe Borash is having a laugh at the Hardys' expense. 'E'S 'AVING A LAUGH!

• Like 1

This is incredible. I watched this thing this morning and couldn't believe how bad it was. I've watched it several more times and I may have worked myself into a shoot, but I know think it may be the greatest piece of pro wrestling film ever. I'm certain I've now watched it more times than anything else in quite some time. 

Seriously, there is no way they were going for this reaction, right?

Full disclosure alert--Not watching TNA before this, still not interested, so there is that.

That was shot really well.  It was dumb as shit but it looked really good.  They should get Borash some more drones to fly around the Impact Zone cause that really was shot better than Impact usually is.  Jeff really should've had a nunchuk fight with Matt's ninja gardeners though.  And think about what they could've done with some CGI...

After Matt brains Brother Nero and puts him through the table, Reby Sky sprouts demon wings and circles around the building while Matt cackles.  Zoom in on Jeff's face, eyes wide open in shock, pan up to a still cackling Matt with a view of Reby circling overhead.  Pan back down to Jeff, eyes now closed, then tight shot on Jeff's face where painted eyeballs suddenly appear on his eyelids.  Hard cut to black.  Train whistle sound.

• Like 2

It's very amusing they won't give Jeff the same kind of Presidential pardon that Orton probably got from Vince (I mean there's a guy who probably was a few strikes past three and we're not even talking wellness). But yeah that's the sticking point. He won't go back unless they can wipe those strikes clean cause if he's busted again he's gone so what's the point.

Jeff does have the 'Can't leave the United States' problem that Orton doesn't, though. Every January Jeff does something like this to explain why he's missing the UK tour:

5 hours ago, L_W_P said:

In Matt's opening statement he says "I invited all of you, and Brother Nero, here... Then when Jeff turns up Matt stops playing the piano (badly i might add) and says "Brother Nero. I knew you'd come!"

I can't tell if it's the worst thing I've ever seen or if it's some kind of Starship Troopers or Sharknado kind of next level genius.

Fuck.  Matt is now going to have to incorporate Would You Like To Know More? into one of his promos.