DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh definitely.  I loved the Matt Facts, his MFer Shannon Moore, the Monster Magnet theme song, all that.  Absolutely his career apex.

I bet all it cost WWE to get Monster Magnet was a few sheets of acid for Dave Wyndorf. 

The band my friend was in at the time used to rehearse in the same studio as Monster Magnet in Red Bank, NJ. They were always really cool and we rang in the New Year with them back in 2000. 

• Like 3

Next TNA PPV you main event with a Hardy Invitational that can be won by any member of the Hardy family, which is basically those two, Reby Sky, Barry Hardy, Shannon Moore. Two guys doing a Laurel and Hardy tribute, and then bam, swerve! The baby somehow wins the title. Who's side is the baby on? Why is he here? Who knows - hasn't said a word since they've been on TV. Attempts by other TNA talent to take the title like candy from a baby (which is also a new storyline, as due to budget restrictions, the title belt is replaced by a chocolate replica) are all stopped by the baby's new bodyguard, Babyloving Snitsky. 

Slowly seeds are planted for the baby's heel turn, as he's barred by the state athletic commission from defending his chocolatey title due to not being old enough to walk, whilst vignettes of fifteen year old Matt and Jeff squash matches are shown in contrast.

To taunt his father, the baby brings in Lita as his new valet. To save on script writers, they basically just do whatever Brad, Ned and Lauren are doing on Neighbours that week.

Baby loses the title on the final episode of Impact after Lita turns on him for her original true love...El Dandy.

The show ends with Bret Hart coming out on the ramp during his victory celebration with a knowing nod. Who were we to doubt El Dandy?

• Like 6

Seems like the ones that get the most poststhem wind up being in March Madness.

So, Matt Hardy's Hair. First Round Bye, or does he have to face Shane O Mac?

16 minutes ago, zev said:

Seems like the ones that get the most poststhem wind up being in March Madness.

So, Matt Hardy's Hair. First Round Bye, or does he have to face Shane O Mac?

Matt Hardy's hair vs. the Shane O' Mac shuffle is a big money matchup.

• Like 2

I love it. Brothers Hardy have a sensibility that I haven't seen since the daytime drama Passions went off the air.  I look forward to future vignettes that reveal Reby Sky as a centuries-old witch and how a lonely orangutan holds an unrequited love for Brother Nero.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I love it. Brothers Hardy have a sensibility that I haven't seen since the daytime drama Passions went off the air.  I look forward to future vignettes that reveal Reby Sky as a centuries-old witch and how a lonely orangutan holds an unrequited love for Brother Nero.

Jeff's a "composer" - add some musical numbers.

7 minutes ago, jstout said:

Jeff's a "composer" - add some musical numbers.

You got that half right.  Psst ... it ain't the "com-" part.

I'll take every Briscoes video ever made over that Hardy Boyz zhit.  "Terry Funk ain't need no mouthpiece!"

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The lonely orangutan being Tyrus?