DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Did Jeff light Rome on fire? I don't get the reference? Did they take this home video and burn it on a 2002 copy of Nero Burning ROM? 

Matt has to be having a laugh with this, right?

Jeff's middle name is apparently Nero. 

• Like 1

I just can't believe they cleared the meth lab out of their warehouse just to shoot that vignette.  That's some serious commitment to their craft.

The Hardys are up there in that category, "guys WWE let go and never signed again, and it didn't make sense at the time, but now it totally does."  The Kurt Angle Category, to be more succinct.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The Hardys are up there in that category, "guys WWE let go and never signed again, and it didn't make sense at the time, but now it totally does."  The Kurt Angle Category, to be more succinct.

Well, not really.  WWE released Matt after they had to send him home from a European tour and he started making public anti-WWE comments in public.  He basically forced/dared the company to fire him.  That was right around the time he was posting odd Youtube videos and generally acting like he needed a stint in rehab.

The company didn't want Jeff to leave.  According to Metlzer, they tried to re-sign him to a new contract in 2008/09 and he wouldn't sign.  The WWE pushed Jeff pretty hard right up to the time he left and showed interest in him after he went to TNA (according to Meltzer).  Meltzer has mentioned several times over the years that Jeff could have gone back if he wanted to.  I imagine that window might have closed, though, since Jeff is almost 40, works a high-risk style that probably makes him the equivalent of a 63-year-old physically, and comes with a lot of baggage. 

For a while there, Meltzer thought Jeff would probably go back eventually.

2 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Well, not really.  WWE released Matt after they had to send him home from a European tour and he started making public anti-WWE comments in public.  He basically forced/dared the company to fire him.  That was right around the time he was posting odd Youtube videos and generally acting like he needed a stint in rehab.

The company didn't want Jeff to leave.  According to Metlzer, they tried to re-sign him to a new contract in 2008/09 and he wouldn't sign.  The WWE pushed Jeff pretty hard right up to the time he left and showed interest in him after he went to TNA (according to Meltzer).  Meltzer has mentioned several times over the years that Jeff could have gone back if he wanted to.  I imagine that window might have closed, though, since Jeff is almost 40, works a high-risk style that probably makes him the equivalent of a 63-year-old physically, and comes with a lot of baggage. 

For a while there, Meltzer thought Jeff would probably go back eventually.

I still think that we're going to get a nostalgia run from the Hardys within a few years. I'm not entirely convinced that that door is totally closed. 

17 minutes ago, caley said:

That Hardy segment is even better when you turn the subtitles on: "You want to fight for the New World back you will give one that's in the fish."

The best thing is the CC doesn't even do the part where he's yelling in the ring!

I remember hearing around October of '12 when it was Aries vs Hardy at BFG that Jeff's contract was coming up that the WWE was interested in resigning him but TNA was pushing hard to keep him as his merchandise sold better then anyone else and he was one of their only real draws. interesting that Jeff who hasn't been on WWE TV since the summer of '09 which is coming up on 7 years is still a name that even the most casual fan still recognizes. I'd like to see Jeff back in the WWE if he is clean and in the right state of mind. There are a lot of potential match-ups in the E i'd like to see involving Jeff. I think Matt's better days are behind him though.

18 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

This is a stunningly perfect example of why the WWE has actual writers crafting their television.

It's not a zero-sum game.  Yes, WWE has actual writers, but the verbiage they come up with is so stilted and unrealistic that I find myself looking for the puppeteer's hands up the wrestlers' asses during promos.  The best of both worlds would be: don't have a bloated staff of failed sitcom writers following the whims of a mad septuagenarian AND don't have wrestlers do stupid vignettes unless they've had some actual acting experience.  The Hardys' skit here is a perfect storm of shit, poorly conceived and executed, but better writers wouldn't have helped.  Hell, half of Matt's lines actually sound like the overdone shit you'd hear on any Monday night.

• Like 7

I kinda love that it has now been posted in three different threads

If Dixie lurks on this board - she is gonna think they have the greatest promotion ever

• Like 4

Well, we're just doing our part to make sure that everybody knows how terrible this shit is.  It's a shame, because the episode was largely great, but this is what I remember most about it.  Fucking Hardys.

• Like 1

I find it implausible that Matt can't find SOMEONE in North Carolina that can bleach his damn hair properly.  That shit looks worse than Dolph's over the past two years.

I had platinum blond hair for two years and my hair was darker than Matt's.  With great 'do comes great responsibility.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It's not a zero-sum game.  Yes, WWE has actual writers, but the verbiage they come up with is so stilted and unrealistic that I find myself looking for the puppeteer's hands up the wrestlers' asses during promos.  The best of both worlds would be: don't have a bloated staff of failed sitcom writers following the whims of a mad septuagenarian AND don't have wrestlers do stupid vignettes unless they've had some actual acting experience.  The Hardys' skit here is a perfect storm of shit, poorly conceived and executed, but better writers wouldn't have helped.  Hell, half of Matt's lines actually sound like the overdone shit you'd hear on any Monday night.

That said, give me the old vignettes from the 80s... Fuji Vice, The Von Erich's on their farm bossing around Jimmy Garvin scaring the be jebus out of him with a shotgun. David Schultz inviting you into what looks like his trailer home and bossing around his old lady.

• Like 4