DVDVR Message Board

To Follow Our Hysterical Attempts At Recovering the Old Board...

DEAN

• 3 weeks later...

I'd hate to lose the Top Videogames of [insert Era Here] results. Ditto for the film results. So much work went into those.

I have spent way to much time on this board in all it myriad forms for close to 2 decades now...

James

• 2 months later...

Has this been abandoned. I ask because I hear of a file dump on the black market somewhere and if there's no hope at all I might try to use some forensic txt file opening skills to find some things stuff I want, but that sounds like an attempt at madness, so i'd avoid it if at all possible.

Dean had some folks working on it but I don't know what happened with that.

I myself have tried to sift through the just file of death but outside of seeing thread topics... yeah... it is an unformatted text block wasteland

• 4 months later...

Someone was doing it for Dean - but there seemed some sort of problem with the compressed file that supposedly archived all the old board content.

That was the last I heard about it

Very long story short - the old host company was terrible and the hated us and they REALLY hated the traffic we generated.

We decided to change companies (to the amazing Inmotion) plus we also bought an updated version of the board.

If you poke around some of the other threads in this folder or look at the archives of our Twitter account - you will see stuff from around that time.

• Like 1