DVDVR Message Board

ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL - Summer 2016

Dolfan in NYC

On 20/07/2016 at 6:57 PM, The Natural said:

Breaking reports saying Sam Allardyce will be named next England manager in next 24 hours. Said back in 2006, Sam should have got the job over Steve McClaren. Always liked Big Sam.

PANews%20BT_P-eaa21907-bd33-4089-bfc7-9d

CoM86GVWAAArPR4.jpg

Sacha with the play that directly led to the MLS goal. He's been doing that for us since he came back to the league but Klinnsman won't even give him the time of day. Why I have no idea.

Also why was Villa in such a hurry to get out of the game and out of town? Pirlo I can understand but I'm pretty sure Villa is suspended for the next league match for YC accumulation.

Why did Orlando fire Heathy? Are they going to fire Pulis jr from the youth team coach spot as well, and break all the old ties to Stoke City?

(nb: When Orlando signed Kaka, some Stoke fans celebrated because they thought that meant he'd be coming to the Britannia on loan during the MLS offseason. Which didn't happen, and was probably never even suggested by anyone, and doesn't need to now because Stoke are stacked with attacking midfielders already)

Wolves fired Kenny Jackett today. Which I'm not sure if it's the first firing of next season, or the last firing from last season.

Just renewed my Red Bulls tickets for next season. The total price of my seat went up a whole $5, so yeah I could live with that. Headed to the CCL game at RBA right now. Was brilliant of CONCACAF to schedule it head to head with the Bayern-Real match at the Meadowlands, if more than 1,000 people show up I'll be shocked.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Spanish Bob new Belgum manager. 

I expected him in TV until the sackings started. 

At least one poster on this board hopes he fails miserably (if you don't know who, just peruse the Euro 2016 thread).

Well tonight was a new low for officiating in MLS. Galaxy were actually dirtier and more cynical tonight than the Guatemalan team we faced midweek, and I didn't think that was humanly possible. And the incompetent ref did nothing. Then you had two of the most blatant no-doubt-about-it penalties that weren't called. Noted moron Alexi Lalas spent almost the entire game defending the refs and even he did a 180 by the end of the game. This was an absolute disgrace.

On 3-8-2016 at 11:34 PM, sabremike said:

At least one poster on this board hopes he fails miserably (if you don't know who, just peruse the Euro 2016 thread).

Belgium got humiliated at the Euros. I'm a happy man. I have nothing against Martinez. He seems like an affable man. I wish him luck.

It's the Belgian supporters (and Wilmots and Kompany) I can't stand. Wilmots is gone, so I'm happy about that. Kompany was being his usual 'look at me!' cunty self the other day by saying he'd donate all his future international bonuses to charity -- at the tail end of his career, with the possibility he won't get called up much anymore (if at all), and after he's thoroughly financially ass-raped the Belgian federation through an assortment of very shady deals. He can rot. As can the fans.

Up 3-1 at the Emirates with only 10 minutes of good football. Dogshit first half from Liverpool outside of that Coutinho free kick you all need to see.

Second half has been some Barcelona shit.

Oh my God, that Mane goal.