DVDVR Message Board

ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL - Summer 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

Anyone going to any of the Copa América Centenario games?

We're only getting Costa Rica vs. Paraguay, Panama vs. Bolivia and Brazil vs. Haiti.

Costa Rica vs. Paraguay should be fun, but I'm skipping it and Panama vs. Bolivia should be a snoozer, so I'm also skipping that one. I'm definitely going to Brazil vs. Haiti even though it will be a squash, I still get a chance to see the Brazil squad live.

Ilkay Gundogan is going to Manchester City. Is this it for Yaya Toure then? Honestly, in terms of guys that actually played regularly (meaning not Martin Demechelis) I thought he was the worst player at City in the last season. He's really past his best but pulls like 2 good minutes out of his ass now and again to make something happen.

Yaya was probably out of the door as soon as Pep's appointment was confirmed, because let's face it, Pep already got rid of him once. Having said that, Yaya's agent is a massive idiot so he'll probably stay now. If someone offered you stupid amounts of money to sit on a bench for an hour and a half, one day a week, you'd take it, right?

Guest Edwin

I like Yaya a lot, but from the little I got to see of him this season, he looked lazy and unmotivated.

I had heard a little while ago there was a big money move for him from China, but I'm not sure what the status on that is.

Wonder if that will work as well as activating Luis Suarez' release clause did. Also, disrupting an England players life right before Euro2016? You're a twat, Wenger.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2016 at 4:48 PM, odessasteps said:
On 6/7/2016 at 0:36 PM, Dewar said:

Back in the top 95. Not sure why we are playing neutral site friendlies in Austria, but hell, we are undefeated in Europe in 2016!!!!

Yay Canada!!! Maybe they'll pull off a miracle and make the hex (OK, I know that's not happening).

In other stuff the USOC kicks into high gear tomorrow with MLS teams entering the fray. Metro travels to Rochester to take on the Rhinos. The big matchup of the round takes place at Fordham in the Bronx as NYCFC host the New York Cosmos (who they lost to last year in penalties) and I'll be there in the Cosmos section. I'm just hoping the stupid shit with fans playing Green Street Hooligans cosplay doesn't repeat itself.

Villa almost pulled off the most bonkers goal I'd ever seen live yesterday, catching the Union goalie way off his line and blasting it off the crossbar from midfield. NYCFC went up 3-0 and did their damnedest to give it away but they held on for the win... I'll take those 3 points, thankyouverymuch.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Villa almost pulled off the most bonkers goal I'd ever seen live yesterday, catching the Union goalie way off his line and blasting it off the crossbar from midfield. NYCFC went up 3-0 and did their damnedest to give it away but they held on for the win... I'll take those 3 points, thankyouverymuch.

Wouldn't have topped the Danny Cepero goal from the game vs Columbus at Giants Stadium in 2008 I was at. Still the only keeper in MLS history to score a goal from the run of play and he did it from his own end.