DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

Hell of a fucking game in SF tonight, Kershaw - Cueto. LAD gets 2 T1 on a balk and an RBI 1B, SFG gets 1 back on a Duffy HR B1. It stays 2-1 unti B6, when Posey doubles in the tying run. Cueto was tremendous, kept LAD on their heels all night, comes out after 8 and Justin Turner promptly unties it with a solo job T9 off Casilla. Jansen comes in, gets two quick outs from Duffy and Posey, gives up a 2B to Belt, walks Blanco, then K's Crawford to end it. 

Kershaw's line - 8 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 13 K, 0 BB

Cueto - 8 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 8 K, 0 BB

Top flight pitching is fucking a-ok by me. Fun game to watch, and the result I wanted.

Just in case you weren't feeling old enough, Paul Quantrill, Dante Bichette, Rafael Palmeiro, Bobby Bonilla, and Torii Hunter all had sons who were selected in the MLB Draft.

Hope he's okay. At least they're vigilant. In a side anecdote, at a little league game the other day my uncle saw a kid take a pitch to the head, shake it off and go to first and they didn't even bother doing anything. Yeah, that's safe. I know it's little league, but it's a ball hitting you in your tiny head at that age. Helmet or not, that's gonna have some affect.

Thor left today's game with elbow soreness and Cespedes also hurt himself on a swing. There is a God and he hates us Mets fans :-(

That was a rough go for Taylor last night. I love the weirdness of baseball. Three nights ago, gets the only XBH in a game against Kershaw, last night 5K and that E to end it.

Looks like Puig's hamstring is feeling alright, he was motoring to get all the way around.