DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - JUNE

Dolfan in NYC

Fuck, knowing that a Fernando Tatis Jr. is old enough to be in a big league organization makes me feel old as hell.

I have a ball signed by his old man sitting on my shelf, and I remember the 2 slams in one inning off Chan Ho Park like it was yesterday. 

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 3

Has nothing to do with his wages, you just like to rent out your shelving to former Dodgers pitchers. Greinke's sleeping there next week.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Dodgers DFA Carl Crawford

That is a whole lotta money they are going to still be paying him

Crawford was the deal that needed to be taken on in order to secure Adrian Gonzalez.  Carl is okay in my book, but there is some pretty fantastically amped up hatred among Dodger fans about him. No happy thoughts left over from his good work in the postseason in both series in 2013 and the one in 2014.

At 34 years old and with a diminishing skill set, I don't know that he is going to catch on anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me to see him stay home, especially with all the money owed him.

3 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Crawford was the deal that needed to be taken on in order to secure Adrian Gonzalez.  Carl is okay in my book, but there is some pretty fantastically amped up hatred among Dodger fans about him. No happy thoughts left over from his good work in the postseason in both series in 2013 and the one in 2014.

At 34 years old and with a diminishing skill set, I don't know that he is going to catch on anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me to see him stay home, especially with all the money owed him.

???

He had one good series in 2013 and one "eh".  And basically did nothing in 2014.

His contract was a joke when it was signed, exactly as I said it was.  He's a $4m player - maybe - making over $20m.

What grilledcheese is saying is the Dodgers HAD to take on Crawford's contract to get Adrian Gonzalez (and Josh Beckett to a lesser extent).  It's not their fault the Red Sox overpaid Crawford.

And I think EVERYONE said Crawford was not worth that contract at the time - aside from the Red Sox fan boys - but no one saw a speed guy declining THAT fast given that speed guys tend to age OK.  Of course, no one had a crystal ball to see that Crawford was going to spend the next 5 years pretty much banged up.  Things happen.  You take chances in life, I guess.  Shrug.  It's only money.

Anyway, interesting thing I saw this morning - between Crawford, Matt Kemp and Alex Guerrero the Dodgers are paying $80 million for guys to NOT play for them.

Soler is headed to the DL and the Cubs are calling up Almora. This is going to be really exciting. That kid has really been playing well and his defense out in LF or CF is going to be great.

• Like 1

Billy Butler was forced to play 1st base tonight instead of getting to sit on his ass for most of 9 innings so angrily hit a homerun as a result and non-RBI'd home a run on an errant throw to first in the 9th due to his gravitational orbit.

Machado definitely pops off a DDT.

The version on Deadspin (that's the official mlb.com video) shows it clearly

And Adam Jones has already said he will pay for any fine Machado receives.

One of the things to notice in that video is Salvador Perez who very clearly is just half-speed trotting out behind Machado.  I think the Royals are done with Ventura's crap. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Machado definitely pops off a DDT.

The version on Deadspin (that's the official mlb.com video) shows it clearly

And Adam Jones has already said he will pay for any fine Machado receives.

As if I needed another reason to love Adam Jones. I don't keep up with the O's much, is Machado still kind of an asshole, or has he turned it around? Even if he's still a tool, Ventura is King Dick, so Manny can get a free pass for taking a crack at him.

Haven't really heard a peep out of the "Machado is a dickhead" camp this year, though I may have missed something through my rose-colored glasses.

But hey, he can eat free for life for providing the interwebs with this pic.

CkcjXXHWgAAf7Le.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, EdA said:

Hey!  The White Sox signed Justin Moreneau!

He is taking the Adam LaRoche role.  I'm just going to set up the joke, you knock 'em down.

Oh and the Cubs traded Arismendy Alcantara for CHRIS COGHLIN!!!!!  WHEE!!!!

He's going to whine and be entitled about having his kid in the locker room all summer? Or he's not going to hit his weight?