DVDVR Message Board

[TV] JUNE 2016 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

For those that did not see

Netflix has given a 10-episode order to G.L.O.W., a comedy-series executive produced by Orange Is the New Black creator/executive producer Jenji Kohan and Orange co-executive producer Tara Herrmann.

Created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange Is the New Black), G.L.O.W. was inspired by the real story of the 1980s female wrestling league. Set in Los Angeles and showcasing big hair and body slams, the series tells the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.

• Like 1

YES~!

For those of us that still watch Syfy television shows, the second seasons of Killjoys and Dark Matter start on July 1st.

Mr. Robot's second season starts on July 15th on USA.

June sucks for television premiers.

• Like 1

As if So You Think You Can Dance wasn't rough enough to sit through every summer, this year is 8-13 year olds and has basically morphed into SYTYCD: Dance Moms.

It looks like SyFy finally has a decent Roku app with full episodes - I fell off all those shows, and Mr. Robot too, when I got rid of cable and there was no easy way to stay current with all of them.  Maybe I'll actually get caught up now.

Showtime has announced the dates for the new seasons of some of its shows

Masters of Sex - 9/11

Shameless - 10/2

The Affair - 11/20

Homeland - January 2017

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Showtime has announced the dates for the new seasons of some of its shows

Masters of Sex - 9/11

Shameless - 10/2

The Affair - 11/20

Homeland - January 2017

Thanks for the update!  Weird that they delayed Masters of Sex, since it usually follows the same schedule as Ray Donovan which starts June 26. 

Damn, an entire year without Homeland. I know the last season wasn't that great, but shit... that's rough. I'm pretty sure since the beginning of the show, they're had a season a year.

I know it's HBO, but I guess there's still no word on when the last season of the Leftovers will begin airing, huh? Easily my most anticipated show to return this year.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:23 AM, EVA said:

A lot of shows are either up in the air or taking the year off.  Homeland, Leftovers, Halt and Catch Fire, Fargo, True Detective (lol)...

Halt and Catch Fire starts again this summer. 

Finished season two of  Bloodline.  Yep, it rocked.  It's a slow motion trainwreck and you can't wait for it to get there.  

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

Finished season two of  Bloodline.  Yep, it rocked.  It's a slow motion trainwreck and you can't wait for it to get there.  

I watched the whole thing this weekend and I agree.  This season was actually a bit stronger than the first as far as the plot goes, imo.  Despite all the added backstory I still didn't find Danny that sympathetic, though the way everything played out made the rest of the clan considerably less sympathetic as well.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

I watched the whole thing this weekend and I agree.  This season was actually a bit stronger than the first as far as the plot goes, imo.  Despite all the added backstory I still didn't find Danny that sympathetic, though the way everything played out made the rest of the clan considerably less sympathetic as well.

I agree though I think Danny got a tiny measure of redemption based on the decision he made on his dad's offer.  And I just can't help but root for Coach Taylor, I mean John. 

Actually - apparently the state of Tennessee (along with some other government agencies) is kicking in money to help cover production costs (since I guess the see it a advertisement for tourism)

Also Hulu will have the next day streaming rights 

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Actually - apparently the state of Tennessee (along with some other government agencies) is kicking in money to help cover production costs (since I guess the see it a advertisement for tourism)

Hmm that reminds me I need to rush into production of my new series Branson.