DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Per WON

According to WWE officials, there is nothing to read into the sudden disappearance of the NXT show over SummerSlam weekend from the WWE and Ticketmaster schedule.

The show was scheduled for 8/20 at the Barclays Center, the first of three straight nights WWE was running the building with NXT, SummerSlam and Raw. All three nights sold out last year, and last year's NXT show drew easily the biggest crowd in NXT history with more than 13,000 fans.

On Tuesday, WWE officials said that Ticketmaster would be updating the page with new logos and information and that the show is still on.

When it appeared that the next major show had disappeared, there were performers in NXT concerned yesterday because they haven't been told anything, and the 6/8 TakeOver show is billed as "The End".

Obviously, it would make no sense to drop NXT as the training facility is the key to the future of the company and they need to run live events to give the upcoming wrestlers ring experience before they start in televised matches or move to the main roster. 

I'm starting to wonder if there might be a pseudo-invasion angle with NXT and the "brand expanded" Smackdown. It would explain dropping the Takeover moniker - they can claim to "take over" the Smackdown roster, so the name's fulfilled and it's time for something new. Plus, HHH can play the worked-shoot smark darling NXT leader you know he's been dying to play on the main roster and the whole thing can build toward the rumored Shane-Haitch match for control of Smackdown. It could be fantastic or a complete fucking disaster, so, you know, it fits perfectly with the last few years of WWE storylines. 

• Like 2

I think Aries has been really good in NXT since Dallas. He's turned himself heel without doing anything that screams "I'm a heel now!" Just a few timely eye-rolls and occasional whiny tone in his voice and he's not even getting a face reaction against the Drifter. The contrast with Nakamura being so effortlessly popular has made for a great feud.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same career revival as Joe did last year.

The next idea for a scooby doo cross over:  Scooby-Doo and the case of the cursed ring.  Clues of Orbitz gum wrappers lead them to a warehouse where it turns out old lady Dixie was behind it. 

"And she would have found investors with Nazi gold if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

• Like 1

Tommy End just announced that he will have his last match for wXw in August, so there could be something to the rumors.

Damn, I expected this to happen sooner or later, but I already have tickets for two shows in October and was hoping to see him there.

I'm so glad I made the drive earlier this year to see End vs. Ospreay, though.

If I was Busick I'd ask for my papers, go work on my look (hit the gym) and act, build up a bigger name for myself travelling and then go back and actually have a little pull.

Bully Busick is right there! Give him 10-15# of muscle and have him slap people around and call them Sally.

• Like 2

That sounds like a horrible idea. He should ask for his release from WWE, because he got a shitty name? And then tour in the independents, again, come back with more muscle, and work a gimmick that sounds like it's ripped right out of 1983? Right.

• Like 3

I know I made the joke about the name generator, but I honestly wouldn't rule it out completely that Busick came up with the name himself.

In recent years the wrestlers seem to have had much more input, when it came to chosing their WWE name.

9 hours ago, The Z said:

I know I made the joke about the name generator, but I honestly wouldn't rule it out completely that Busick came up with the name himself.

In recent years the wrestlers seem to have had much more input, when it came to chosing their WWE name.

From what I've read, they're asked to have a list of possible names ready when they report. This one is so out there that I'd say the odds of the company coming up with it for him are very slim.

Oney Lorcan? What in the fuck? Even if Biff picked the name, which I'm guessing he did because it's so fucking weird and out there, someone should have stepped in to say, "no, you're going to stay Chris Girard because we'd like to try to make some money off of you."

I'm guessing he's a fan of the ultra weird Oney cartoons and he wanted an Irish last name?