DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

I've been re-watching a lot of the KENTA/Marufuji tags that got me into Japan in the first place, and rediscovered the greatness of their 2003 match with Hashi/Kanemaru (and specifically the wonder of pre-injury Hashi).  On that score (and as an excuse to try my hand at making gifs), some of what'll stick with me most is probably Hashi starring in one of the best looking Busaiku Devices they ever pulled off:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

...and then KENTA teeing off on poor Hashi's dome for a good 10 seconds for the finish:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by Cyanide
Hoping for links that actually stay now...
  • Like 1

Last time I looked up Makoto Hashi he was now a physical therapist type job of some sort. Still is. Had to retire due to neck issues.

After he fucked up his knee and got all fat to try and become a heavyweight and lost the weight and kept the man-tits and started doing diving headbutts to the floor in openers to no pops, all was lost from then on.

And then Misawa's death and all the firings and the end of his major run being guys in Dragon Gate loving his voluptuous breasts. He's only 39.

Edit: Official job title is, Dr. Stretch Trainer. I think that's a business, he's not actually a doctor.

Edit2: He works for this company. http://docst.jp/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cyanide said:

..and then KENTA teeing off on poor Hashi's dome for a good 10 seconds for the finish:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

That's after the match?  What the hell, man?

I'm assuming Hashi borrowed KENTA's car and got a parking ticket he didn't pay.  KENTA didn't know anything about it until they booted his car.

26 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm assuming Hashi borrowed KENTA's car and got a parking ticket he didn't pay.  KENTA didn't know anything about it until they booted his car.

XS5LK.gif

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Nah, that was the finish.  Basically nothing else was working, so KENTA made it his mission to induce CTE in poor Hashi to end things.

Came across this gem as well:

Motherfucker has the TEMERITY to kick-out after revisiting that onslaught, and gets chin-checked with a Go2Sleep for his troubles.

In retrospect, Hashi's injuries may have saved him from himself (or at least KENTA, because, Jesus.)