DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

My favorite "because WCW" moment came from JJ Dillon's autobiography. How whenever they needed a crow for a Sting vignette or appearance, they would fly in a crow, a crow handler and a fucking BACK-UP CROW every time. It cost them like $5K yet no one ever had the bright idea to just do it once and film the crow from every conceivable angle and just use archived footage. I know WCW was famous for stupid shit but the fact that they kept paying a crow guy and basically a stunt crow just boggles my mind.

I haven't read Death of WCW, but after having read J.J.'s book, I don't need to. He exposes Bischoff so much, that I'm surprised he was able to hang in so long...

• Like 2

So while going down the twitter feed to see if I could find the Tozawa/Crews video WWE tweeted out, I saw Simon Gotch retweeted something a fan posted, so if you remember the chibi fan art where Rippa sort of got his Wig Splitting Time avatar from, this twitter account has a bunch of similar things.

• Like 7

AJ retweeted one that they did for him and The Club.  This is absolutely amazing.

EDIT:  Holy smokes this guy has AMAZING artwork.  He has some incredible stuff on there.  In a different style, I'm liking this one a ton:

Edited by NickMD
Put tweet in spoiler tag so as not to put another big image on here.

5 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

So while going down the twitter feed to see if I could find the Tozawa/Crews video WWE tweeted out, I saw Simon Gotch retweeted something a fan posted, so if you remember the chibi fan art where Rippa sort of got his Wig Splitting Time avatar from, this twitter account has a bunch of similar things.

Wow... Aiden English needs to hit catering a little more 

5 hours ago, NickMD said:

AJ retweeted one that they did for him and The Club.  This is absolutely amazing.

EDIT:  Holy smokes this guy has AMAZING artwork.  He has some incredible stuff on there.  In a different style, I'm liking this one a ton:

Reveal hidden contents

I was watching NXT and I noticed they threw a bunch of tweets up and I think a few of them were from this account.

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I'd rather see ten thousand played out "Rellik = killer" jokes than see this fucking horseshit

Joke #2: Rellik spelled backwards is Killer. Kevin Sullivan spelled backwards is not killer.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

The whole thing is hilarious. 

There needs to be an Odd Couple type show on the network with Tajiri and Regal...with guest appearances from Fit Finlay, Dave Taylor, Earl Robert Eaton, Mikey Whipwreck, and the Sinister Minister. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

CmJR9rKWYAEDYnO.jpg

To go with this (and I am trying to find the clip) but during that Shoot - Hornswoggle says that CM Punk (who he called one of his best friends) stopped talking to him because Swoggle asked him for a mutal friends phone number. Apparently Punk thought that meant Swoggle was "using him" and ended their friendship

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To go with this (and I am trying to find the clip) but during that Shoot - Hornswoggle says that CM Punk (who he called one of his best friends) stopped talking to him because Swoggle asked him for a mutal friends phone number. Apparently Punk thought that meant Swoggle was "using him" and ended their friendship

Am I the only person that's really glad CM Punk is no longer wrestling? He was always such a miserable, miserable asshole.

• Like 3

I kinda miss Punk.  I don't really disagree that he often came off as a morose asshat, but... I don't really care.  He could cut a promo and I usually enjoyed his matches.

If i had to interact with him daily, I'd probably care about his personality, but that's never been the case. 

• Like 5