DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

4 minutes ago, zev said:

Sullivan, if you got into Delirious' ear and are the reason the Whitmer-Corino feud is still continuing in ROH, then I do not respect you, Bookerman.

Dude, the Corino/ Whitmer angle is the best thing ROH is doing. That Corino promo on the go home show before last week's PPV was the best promo I've heard in a long time.

• Like 1

Did you really like what Corino was saying, or was it just an extended sigh of relief that you were hearing him for 5 minutes without the terms Superkiiiick, ding ding, or crash and burrrrrn being used?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zev said:

Did you really like what Corino was saying, or was it just an extended sigh of relief that you were hearing him for 5 minutes without the terms Superkiiiick, ding ding, or crash and burrrrrn being used?

Corino looks like a middle aged English teacher.  Him trying to get himself over as some unhinged evil mastermind was just laughable.  But it was still better than hearing him on commentary.

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

Spending $25k for a five minute appearance that made them nothing doesn't even crack a top 10 of their bad ideas for...maybe even that month. 

My favorite "because WCW" moment came from JJ Dillon's autobiography. How whenever they needed a crow for a Sting vignette or appearance, they would fly in a crow, a crow handler and a fucking BACK-UP CROW every time. It cost them like $5K yet no one ever had the bright idea to just do it once and film the crow from every conceivable angle and just use archived footage. I know WCW was famous for stupid shit but the fact that they kept paying a crow guy and basically a stunt crow just boggles my mind.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Maybe the backup crow was a requirement as stipulated by the crow union

You don't want crow teamsters throwing over tables because there's not enough corn backstage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

Spending $25k for a five minute appearance that made them nothing doesn't even crack a top 10 of their bad ideas for...maybe even that month. 

With Bigelow putting over Knobs, Booker T putting over Tony Norris's fat ass, and Tank Abbott vs Big Al, that doesn't even crack the top three for that night.

• Like 2