DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

The look on the interviewer's face at the end of that video pretty much nails it. "I CAN'T GIVE OUT THE PHONE NUMBER OF A MUTUAL FRIEND, YOU USURIOUS PIECE OF SHIT, I DISOWN YOU"

Unless Swaggle was trying to mack on somebody who Punk didn't want him to, which is possible

I think Punk had fair grievances:

1. being injured by guys like Ryback without recourse or proper time off; 

2. how is everyone gonna get paid with a $9.99 network killing PPV money?

3. not being a main event guy.

In regards to the third one, Punk just couldn't face the fact that some/most guys aren't going to be The Rock or John Cena...regardless if you are or are not better wrestlers than they are. I always said Punk was Jericho 2.0 (a top guy but not THE GUY), and I don't think he could accept that...and ultimately, that's what turned him into a big fucking crybaby.

Side tangent - in watching the promo for the Swoggle shoot, all the former WWE employees think Sheamus is a dick but Swoggle was the first guy to say so on camera (apply appropriate amount of salt as necessary)

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The look on the interviewer's face at the end of that video pretty much nails it. "I CAN'T GIVE OUT THE PHONE NUMBER OF A MUTUAL FRIEND, YOU USURIOUS PIECE OF SHIT, I DISOWN YOU"

Unless Swaggle was trying to mack on somebody who Punk didn't want him to, which is possible

He has to be talking about getting Colt's number, right?

16 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

3. not being a main event guy.

In regards to the third one, Punk just couldn't face the fact that some/most guys aren't going to be The Rock or John Cena...regardless if you are or are not better wrestlers than they are. I always said Punk was Jericho 2.0 (a top guy but not THE GUY), and I don't think he could accept that...and ultimately, that's what turned him into a big fucking crybaby.

I think a huge part of the reason Punk was never made "The Guy" was because of his personality.  You don't want to hang the company on a paranoid, difficult, humorless git who will throw a shitfit and maybe walk out because of every real or perceived slight. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Since I'm horrible at embedding tweets on here, here's a link to Asuka's on point robe game:

https://twitter.com/Yassan_umi/status/748829433620860928

Jeez, that is fantastic.  That is some next-level entrance gear.  Wouldn't mind something like that for a Takeover special.

• Rev Ray unpinned and locked this topic