DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

9 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I thought you were a little person with an eyepatch

cheatum.jpg

Someone ask Matt Dangerously how come he can't properly set a bomb to go off. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2016 at 2:25 PM, mattdangerously said:

Hey Web Conn, I hear Haku doesn't like Shark Week, either.  You should go tell him how you feel. 

snicker

"Hey Norton, Web Conn said he likes Shark Week!"

Spoiler

20140226-scott-norton-2-642.jpg

• Like 2

Scott Norton man. When I was 5 I went to a Portland Wrestling show and Scott Norton was the headliner, I was pretty young and I don't remember much but what I do remember was thinking for a full decade following that show that Scott Norton was the largest human being on the entire planet. I met Kevin Duckworth later that year, legit 7-footer who played for the Portland Trailblazers and still thinking that he still wasn't as large as Scott Norton.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

cheatum.jpg

Someone ask Matt Dangerously how come he can't properly set a bomb to go off. 

Clearly, he can't because he only has one good eye.

Since it was revealed Web Conn is not hood as fuck or black, it's time for some confessions about myself. I am not the ghost of Chris Penn posting on a wrestling message board. Nor am I Anthrax's Scott Ian. I am, however, a nice a guy...for the most part. 

• Like 2

Does anyone else get a kick out of the fact that most wiki entries for wrestling ppvs have some variation of the following introductory sentence:

"Insert ppv here" featured professional wrestling matches, involving wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines playing out on "Insert promotion name" primary television programs. Wrestlers portrayed heroes or villains as they followed a series of events, building tensions and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.[6][7]

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Some top notch heeling from Mr Owens

DEAD VIDEO LINK HERE (edit Rippa)

Aww... Video already pulled by the WWE

Reigns will get shit on, but if goes over I'm almost positive it's to transition the title to Cena. I'm guessing Cena holds it for the rest of the year too just to get the brand split off to a strong start and keep USA happy. 

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

What about the split title scenario? Lots of rumors going around about Cena on Smack down (©Linda McMahon) and Reigns on Raw. 

Well since the title is now referred to as the WWE Championship (again without them even saying anything on air) that's pretty much a given. I kinda hope if Smackdown is given the World title back they at least get a newish looking belt. Let the big gold belt be put off into retirement. New era needs something stylish...though not a giant W with a blue stripe.